Rear wiper not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-16, 07:43 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Rear wiper not working

Hi,

I have an 04 307 SW 2.0 HDI 90 bhp.

The rear wiper was doing absolutely nothing. I found that the 15 amp fuse had been taken out, which i thought was odd. I put the fuse back in. The wiper if manually pushed to the leave it in the wiper position will wipe down to the rest position using the rear wiper switch. probably the reason why the wiper was taken out in the first place is that i have noticed on occasions when opening the doors or boot the rear wiper motor can be heard trying to work but not actually working just making a noise.

At first i thought motor fault, but then i thought if it was just a wiper fault why is trying to work when the doors are being opened. I have read about a BSI reset on the forum and am tempted to try but dont want to cause any other problems along the way.

Unrelated i think but the electric mirrors dont work at all and the driver window will go down but then needs to go down all the way and the switched pressed down then up to get it back up. I removed the switch and inspected and the white rubber button pad (best i can describe it appears missing on the mirror side). Im guessing changing the switch will resolve this, but wanting to get everything else done first.

Many thanks
Gaj
gt160 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-07-16, 08:52 PM   #2

Sounds like a sticking spindle, or more likely a stripped one. Try taking the wiper arm off and see if the wiper functions with no load. if the motor works but the wiper doesn't you need to take the trim off the door and have a look at the mechanism.
If the motor does nothing it is likely you have a com2000 fault, basically you need a complete indicator/wiper switch assembly. Some members here will sell you a replacement or repair your one for a sensible price.

Roger.
Old 26-07-16, 06:31 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks i will try taking the wiper arm off again, though it felt pretty stuck on, may need to get a puller.

However, why is it trying to work when the doors are opened or sometimes randomly is whats confusing me. The rear washer works as it should from the stalk and the rest of the stalk walks as it should?

Thanks

Old 26-07-16, 10:38 AM   #4

sounds like maybe a comms unit fault
Old 06-08-16, 10:11 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi, so today with puller in hand, i thought i would have another look at the rear wiper after pulling the arm off. I am now slightly confused i am assuming that when i put the rear wiper on the spindle should be moving....or is that a false assumption. I can hear the motor trying to work when its switched on. Any ideas, i think im just going to have to accept the fact that im going to have to try drill out the rivets and look at the unit more closely and possibly replace. Just nervous with the rivets, never dealt with them before dont have a rivet gun but have heard of people using a nut and bolt?

Just thought i would ask incase i was completely going in the wrong direction
thanks
Old 06-08-16, 10:55 PM   #6

Rivits are easy to drill just get a drill bit slightly bigger that the hole in the middle of the rivit and drill on fast pressure on lightly
Old 11-08-16, 10:11 AM   #7
Inactive User

ummm i am really not sure if this is as you say a comms unit fault or a motor fault, would peugeot planet be able to identify this? I am leaning towards motor because of the spindle is not spinning when the wiper is put onjust making a noise from the motor

I have a small intermittent issue with the indicator stalk....but do not think these are necessarily connected but have noticed when i indicate right, depending on how quick the wheel is turned on return it has once or twice caused the left indicator to flick on. I have seen a repair video for this but it happens so rarely at the moment that i dont want to go messing with it unnecessary

Thanks
Old 12-08-16, 07:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt160 View Post
I have a small intermittent issue with the indicator stalk....but do not think these are necessarily connected but have noticed when i indicate right, depending on how quick the wheel is turned on return it has once or twice caused the left indicator to flick on. I have seen a repair video for this but it happens so rarely at the moment that i dont want to go messing with it unnecessary
You can sort that by stuffing some sponge or a bit of non slip mat into the base of the indicator stalk.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in