possible corrupt bsi after flat battery - help please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-12-11, 06:32 PM   #1
Afo
Inactive User

Default possible corrupt bsi after flat battery - help please

Hi all and seasons greetings...

Car: 2002 307 hdi dturbo (110)

a couple of days ago, the alternator belt snapped after the tensioner gave in. The battery became flat and I hastily disconnected the battery from the car to charge it overnight, without following the 3-minute rule

Upon reconnection (also not done very thoughtfully) the engine was turning but didn't fire. Needed to get it to the garage to get the belt etc done, so found the info on here to reprogramme keys (luckily have the code card) using Planet (side note to follow about reprogramming keys...took me several attempts)

Got the car started, but oddly I couldn't lock the car using the remote or the door-lock. The dashboard button is constantly flashing rapidly, even when the car is running, but pressing it does nothing and also trying to re-sync the keys (in ignition, press 10secs...) does not work.

I've found several posts with similar problems, but the replies only suggest a corrupt BSI without advising on the solution. Since I have planet, can I sort this myself?

Additional info to note: when I first started planet to reprogramme, it did not pick up the car's VIN as it usually does, instead the field was filled with that symbol that looks like a 'b' with the vertical line extended downwards (can't find it on my phone which I'm posting from) hence my assumption that I inadvertently corrupted the BSI. The car has now had the belt&tensioner changed, luckily no other damage it seems! I have tried disconnecting the battery and rebooting the proper way, but it hasn't made a difference...in fact I am about to reprogramme the key again as it seems to have lost the config again!

Where do I go from here please?

Cheers
Afo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-12-11, 07:03 PM   #2

The battery has to be in tip top condition for key programming
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-12-11, 07:06 PM   #3
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afo View Post
Where do I go from here please?
To the scrapper or ebay and try to find another BSI if thats what you think is goosed
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 22-12-11, 07:08 PM   #4

Me i`d buy a battery first
Old 22-12-11, 07:11 PM   #5
jmkent

Second thoughts.... after looking on ebay (150-200) maybe a battery would be cheaper..... if it does the job
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-12-11, 07:34 PM   #6

If the new battery does not help,have a look on google for the ecu doctor,they work on this stuff much cheaper than anywhere else i've found.
Old 23-12-11, 01:50 PM   #7
Afo
Inactive User

Thanks for all the input so far...i could do with some clarification on the key resyncing...

When you turn to ign+, is it meant to be the first click of the second?
Also when it says press the lock button for 10 seconds, is it the one on the keyfob or the dashboard button? I was trying the former over and ove, then last night had a eureka(/doh!) moment where I thought the latter would work -alas it didn't, but maybe it's because I'm doing something else wrong...

Also I realised that the drivers-side window switches are reversed (n/s to o/s and vice versa) and the passenger side switch doesn't do anything - does this suggest corrupt software or is there a way to relearn similar to key programming?

The red light to this point continues to flash rapidly and also have noticed the esp button doesn't do anything (where it would normally turn it off)
Old 23-12-11, 02:38 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afo View Post
Also I realised that the drivers-side window switches are reversed (n/s to o/s and vice versa) and the passenger side switch doesn't do anything - does this suggest corrupt software or is there a way to relearn similar to key programming?
Hi,

Sure I read somewhere that you can reset the windows by first closing the drivers window using the switch, then release the switch and apply the switch again and hold for more than 2 seconds (in the raise window position).
Not sure if I got it right but can't hurt trying.
dackjaniels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-12-11, 02:47 PM   #9
Afo
Inactive User

Forgot to add above, battery is relatively new and in good condition.

dackjaniels - yes I think that is a procedure to reset one touch open/close, but in my case the passenger door switch does nothing and the two switches on the drivers door have swapped which side they operate (one-touch still works). cheers though
Old 23-12-11, 04:52 PM   #10

Go to configuration in your engine ecu to see if has lost its configuration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in