Possibility of dpf blocking - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-18, 08:27 PM   #1

Default Possibility of dpf blocking

Hi guys.

Just had a chap round for some diagnostics with Peugeot planet.

Main fault being the message of chance of dpf blocking.

So i checked all the usual stuff, additive ecu and pump both functioned, plenty of additive in the bag.

Checked differential pressure sensor readings - 4 bar at idle raising to 12-16 when revved.

There were no actual faults relating to the dpf system.

Faults on the engine ecu were about a turbo lower pressure than expected and cooling fan system faulty.

Tried to do a forced regen as it was 300km since last regen, however this failed before it started.

No other faults engine related on the engine ecu, bsi or additive ecu.

Did an actuator test of the fan at both speeds both failed, however the fan does engage when the A.c. is turned on so I suspect a relay or wiring fault on the cooling system.

Could a faulty cooling system cause the car not to regen and force the message of possible dpf blockage?
mel m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-18, 08:42 PM   #2

Fan not working could/would cause a regen to fail, especially a static one. Probably one of the reasons you are getting the message.

If the turbo is not giving the correct boost required by the ecu, this could also cause issues of overfuelling for the amount of oxygen available, resulting in unburned fuel and this would also unnecessarily load the dpf and cause the message to be displayed. Check the boost system for vacuum.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-18, 08:53 PM   #3

As above many things can lead to a risk of filter blocking message its not always the filter itself as anything that can stop a regen happening will be a risk

As for failing to regen at 300km its not necessarily due a regen my 307 was regening every 400miles which would be about 600 km

Old 04-07-18, 07:49 PM   #4

The planet check was carried out on my facelift 307 1.6 hdi SW, 2007. Anyone help with the coolant fan not running on low and high speed but does when air con is selected. Am i correct in thinking there is controller in the front off wing that could be the problem and that this controller replaces the relays in the earlier models? Any advice welcome especially the relevent circuit diagram!
Andy892 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-18, 10:11 PM   #5

I have a Peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 2007 (think it is facelift).

I replaced my cooling fan resistor box see the last posts in: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...g-post-320353/

Have some pictures as well, I would guess that your controller box is the same and it does indeed have 2 relays built in on the circuit.
If I understand you correctly the cooling fan runs on both low and high speed when the A/C is activated but not when you do an actuator test through diagbox/planet on either low or high speed?
It should not be a problem with your control box for the fan in the front, can't see any reasons why the A/C should have its own signal cables to the control unit of the fan. The ECU should control that.
When you do an actuator test of the fan, do you hear relays clicking in the front? They should sound.
If you do then I guess that the A/C is somehow affecting the power supply to the cooling fan.

Haynes book has a lot of circuit diagrams but I guess I'm not allowed to share these due to copyright.
Rubb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-18, 11:27 PM   #6

I do not know if the aircon on runs the fan in high or lowspeed, it definitely runs . Thanks for your detailed response!
Andy892 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in