Poor acceleration on my 2007 Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI S 110BHP - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-18, 07:41 PM   #1

Question Poor acceleration on my 2007 Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI S 110BHP

Hi all,

For a while now my Peugeot 307 diesel has been struggling with its acceleration especially on steep hills. The anti pollution fault comes on when driving it hard on the motorway. I invested in a Lexia 3 and PP2000 and found the following codes:
F000 ECU not communicating on the CAN
F062 No communication with audio ECU

P1035 Pre heating relay circuit
P0402 Air circuit air flow lower than recommended local

I believe the first two can be forgotten about as I think the F000 code is because I bought a cheaper Lexia 3 and the second code is from swapping the radio.

The third is related to the glow plugs or relay and I think the fourth is related to the ERG or the vacuum solenoid from the research I've done.

Can anyone point me in a direction to tackle first? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to issues like this but I'm keen to learn.

Thanks in advance!
dowlers6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-09-18, 11:01 AM   #2

pretty sure the air flow fault can be triggered by faulty maf sensor,which will also give poor power on hills etc,not sure if it works on your car but try unplugging maf and see if power returns, (might trigger a few extra faults though),,
second air flow fault that can cause power loss is at the turbo, caused by vacuum control solonoid to turbo going wrong, can be tested with vacuum guage quite easily if your solonoid is accessible,done it and changed it easily on 2.o hdi but no knowledge of 1.6hdi..sure others with more knowledge will be along shortly
vincentfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-09-18, 11:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentfish View Post
pretty sure the air flow fault can be triggered by faulty maf sensor,which will also give poor power on hills etc,not sure if it works on your car but try unplugging maf and see if power returns, (might trigger a few extra faults though),,
second air flow fault that can cause power loss is at the turbo, caused by vacuum control solonoid to turbo going wrong, can be tested with vacuum guage quite easily if your solonoid is accessible,done it and changed it easily on 2.o hdi but no knowledge of 1.6hdi..sure others with more knowledge will be along shortly
Thanks very much for the response Vincent! I have tried unplugging the MAF sensor alright and that unfortunately didn't make a difference, mabye I need to leave it unplugged longer and clear the faults before retesting. Just got PP up and running so I'll try that again!

I do think the solenoid is causing the fault too as I believe it's not causing the turbo to kick in at all and thus no boost from the car. I know what it looks like but haven't seen it yet on my 1.6. I'll have a look for it the weekend and check the wiring and pipes to make sure they're all ok.

Thanks for the help!

Old 15-09-18, 07:02 PM   #4

Vacuum pipes can cause it so a vacuum test pump is a good idea. I bought a kit and am busy using it on a Honda CRV diesels EGR valve and found it sticking in the closed position on the second check with it. Off ebay and reasonably cheap too.
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-09-18, 07:05 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions lads!

Bought it to a garage and they said it was the ERG causing the issue alright. I'm currently looking into replacing it myself as the replacement was very costly. I'm just wondering should I go with a branded EGR or a cheaper one off ebay? I can see there are some available for 40-50 pounds.

Also would blanking the EGR be an option too or would that just cause more issues?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21-09-18, 07:12 PM   #6

MOT failure springs to mind due more strict emission testing.
Old 21-09-18, 07:12 PM   #7

You cannot blank a faulty egr as the ecu needs feedback from it and if its faulty it will still send back the wrong signals to the ecu. but once replaced you can blank it

I would be checking vacuum too and unplugging the airflow sensor not affecting it usually means the sensor is not working and the ecu is ignoring it EGR and airflow sensor are on the same circuit on the ECU so 1 faulty affects the other.
Old 21-09-18, 07:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
You cannot blank a faulty egr as the ecu needs feedback from it and if its faulty it will still send back the wrong signals to the ecu. but once replaced you can blank it

I would be checking vacuum too and unplugging the airflow sensor not affecting it usually means the sensor is not working and the ecu is ignoring it EGR and airflow sensor are on the same circuit on the ECU so 1 faulty affects the other.

Thanks for the advice guys

The garage told me they checked the vacuum and its definitely the ERG. Should I go for a cheap ERG or a more expensive branded one?
Old 21-09-18, 07:29 PM   #9

Take the old one off and check it on the bench. It just might need a clean!
Old 28-09-18, 07:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbadandold View Post
Take the old one off and check it on the bench. It just might need a clean!
Took it off there today and it wasnt too dirty. Gave it a clean with EGR cleaner. I then took off the electronic part and found that was very stiff and not returning to the normal position once turned. I looked at a video online and can see this is supposed to spring back into place. I'll buy a new EGR to resolve it.

Should I buy a branded one or one off ebay for 50 euro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in