peugeot planet purchase advice - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-14, 05:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default peugeot planet purchase advice

hi all. As a newbie, i'm doing my best to exhaust all of the knowledge available on the forum about my 2006 307cc. Despite this, I'm after advice about purchasing PP. I've never used anything like it, and the reasons I'm considering it's purchase is because of the extortionate amount of money dealers want for its use.
As a total novice to car diagnostics, my question is 'is it easy to get to grips with and use?'
I've seen one on the bay of E for 65.

LEXIA 3 PEUGEOT CITREON DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE PP2000 CAN BUS DIAGBOX V7 V48 V25 | eBay

is it simply plug and play? I note it says that it can be used on Windows 7, as well as XP?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PP2000-LEX...item19e74dda5d
without Windows 7.

Is there a user guide to the various functions available, such as activating my RD4 cd changer etc? Do I need a laptop, or can I use my PC tower, that already has XP pro?

Last edited by driftaround; 12-01-14 at 05:31 PM.
driftaround is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-14, 05:41 PM   #2

you need xp for planet really.

i couldnt get diagbox working so had to buy a xp laptop. it runs fine up till cars about 2007

you can use a tower but how will you connect it to the car and adjust stuff on the screen?

i purchased a cheap clone. it works fine but the instructions to setup were poor and no support from the seller. all the programs come on a disc but no instructions to what to do with it

i managed to get mine registered after about 2 weeks of getting the codes wrong etc
Old 12-01-14, 09:36 PM   #3
Inactive User

Just use "WinXP mode" on win 7. It is a free download from Microsoft and installs a Win XP virtual machine on the Win7 OS.

Have a look in this thread re the activation drama's - the instructions sent with the clones aren't very clear on the software 'crack' install.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...1/index14.html

Last edited by ae86levin; 12-01-14 at 09:40 PM.
ae86levin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-01-14, 07:45 AM   #4

Planet is a complicated and sophisticated piece of software. It requires some basic knowledge of computers and cars for you to understand what's on screen.

For example, lets say your car is running lumpy. Plug it in and it says low fuel pressure at the high pressure fuel pump. Do you go out and spend 300 on a new pump like a certain national breakdown company suggested to a 306 owner I know.

Or do you check the lift pump in the fuel tank - clean the filter and give it a tap if the pump is sticking.
Old 13-01-14, 05:28 PM   #5
Inactive User

hi Gibbo. I think that the first thing I would do is look on here for some advice!! I guess whether I find the fault code, or Peugeot, I'd still be coming here first. My thinking is that with a one off purchase of PP, I can activate my stereo aux and cd player, install cruise control and possibly auto wipers. I'm thinking that would more than pay for it's purchase in saved charges at the dealers? With a good tutorial, I'm sure it would be a help, and I can also help others to activate and diagnose too. Any info you can give me regarding data interrogation of the system would be appreciated.
driftaround is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-14, 05:35 PM   #6

my pp has paid for itself many times over. when you have it you seem to always find uses for it

once you can work it you can help fellow members too
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in