Peugeot 307's and Aftermarket Head Unit Issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-13, 06:24 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 307's and Aftermarket Head Unit Issues

I have fitted a Pioneer AVH-3200DVD head unit in my 307 and it works fine but here are the problems;

1. The unit doesn't save any of the set ups or radio stations, and
2. The head unit doesn't switch on and off on the battery setting on the ignition barrel. Upon locking/unlocking/opening or closing of doors the head unit switches on.

I know usually the switching of red and yellow wires in the head units wiring loom solves these problems but it doesn't.

I have currently have a bodge job to try and save battery by connecting the feed wire from the fag lighter to the red live wire in the loom. This allows it to work off the battery setting on the ignition barrel but still doesn't save the set ups or radio stations.

I contacted an in car entertainment business and they spoke about running a wire from the fuse box to the stereo loom

Does this solve the memory problem and the working only when the battery is switched on? Or does anyone have any other solutions?
Advertisement

Old 07-01-13, 07:44 PM   #2

The first thing to do would be to identify which wire is permanently live and find out why it's dead.

I can't remember the exact configuration because it was three years ago but I also had to do more than swap the red and yellow on a Sony radio for my first 307.
Old 07-01-13, 07:54 PM   #3
Inactive User

I would appreciate it greatly if you remembered, I've got no access to testing equipment what so ever. Did that resolve your memory issue and the battery switch on the ignition barrel? Thanks again for the help

Old 07-01-13, 08:29 PM   #4

you need to swap the yellow and red wires around

the radio will go off within a minute or so of locking the car. its just how its designed. its a pain i know
monty9120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-13, 08:35 PM   #5

Check fuse F11 in BSI/In car fuse box this should supply radio standby power.

Last edited by windy1603; 07-01-13 at 08:38 PM. Reason: clarify fuse box
windy1603 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-13, 10:57 PM   #6
Inactive User

Use a test meter and find a switched live, i found one that comes on with ign/goes off with key. Cant remember the colour off the top of my head, possibly blue? Anyway my alpine h/unit works fine setup like this.
Brigsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-13, 07:19 AM   #7

like monty said you just need to change the red and yellow wires around! nothing else.
cisco307HDI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-13, 08:31 AM   #8
Inactive User

I bought a 307 a few months ago and my aftermarket cd player does exactly the same thing. I just thought thats how it is meant to be.
307Jodi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-13, 08:39 AM   #9

i think everyone will agree with me.... nothing on a peugeot is that straightforward!!! saying that my kenwoods manual does say somewere thatbin some cars the red and yellow wires might have to be switched... hemce why they come with connectors and nnot just wore straight through..... the really annoying thing is the fact that the stereo only switches it self off after a while and not straight away like the original stereo does.....
cisco307HDI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-13, 12:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackT2010 View Post
I would appreciate it greatly if you remembered, I've got no access to testing equipment what so ever. Did that resolve your memory issue and the battery switch on the ignition barrel? Thanks again for the help
Here you go:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4125799211.pdf

I had to choose wiring configuration "C" at the bottom right of the PDF.

I tried A and B and it just didn't work. I don't know why because configuration B worked on my next 307, and my current 306 uses configuration A.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in