Peugeot 307 xsi hdi 136 issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-14, 08:31 AM   #1
Inactive User

Angry Peugeot 307 xsi hdi 136 issues

Hi all,
I was wondering if you could possibly assist me with the running issues I have with my car. It is a 54 plate Peugeot 307 xsi hdi 136 which I have owned for about three years. It seemed to run well when i had it but after a while of owning it I noticed that the brake pedal became solid when starting from cold, so the first few yards of driving, sort of had no brakes until what felt like a servo kicked in, then went ok, and brakes were normal. This was then a regular thing, and something I just factored in to my driving. After several months of this, the turbo became intermittent in line with the brake issue. When the brake pedal went ok the turbo kicked in. This again was not an issue until the turbo problem went on longer than the brake one, sometimes I had to pull over and turn the car off and on again to enable the turbo to activate. Next up, I had an anti pollution fault light up on the dash, and ,after having it hooked up to the diagnostics, it was determined I needed a new EGR valve. I replaced this and had the fault cleared. It ran ok for about two weeks, but again, I had the anti polution light on and the problems reoccured. I asked GIBBO off the forum, and he came down and hooked it up to Peugeot Planet, which showed a few errors but after clearing none of them reappeared. It was still running badly but after trawling this forum for an answer, I tried unplugging the Air flow meter and the car ran ok. I replaced the Air flow meter and had the car on the diagostic again, and again showed no errors. The car was hesitant all through the rev range with it plugged in but ok when unplugged. After driving for a bit I now have the anti pollution light on, the car appears to be driving in safe mode with the air flow meter unplugged and terribly with it plugged in while still having the brake pedal issue. Also noticed the fuel consumption to be higher than it previously was.Do you have any ideas what I could do with the car now, (I have one and it involves a box of matches) as it is becoming a real pain. Thank you for your time. Simon
HIGGY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-14, 09:31 AM   #2

PARAGRAPHS !!! that is so hard to read.

Vacuum problem either the pump itself is faulty or leaking pipework this will lead to your other problems including the antipollution fault.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-14, 09:54 AM   #3
Inactive User

Very sorry.
Didnt realise it would be hard to read
Will space better next time.
Thanks for your reply.
So where exactly is the vacuum that Iam trying to diagnose or replace positioned??
Thanks again

Old 02-01-14, 10:06 AM   #4

The vacuum pump is located on the end of the front camshaft on the head above the gearbox its a bit burried under egr pipework etc.

There is a thick vacuum pipe going to the servo and a thinner one going round the back of the engine to the boost solenoid located round the back of the head.

First thing i would do is remove the pipework from the vacuum pump and cover the end of the pump with your finger with engine running you should feel a bit of vacuum not a huge amount though.

If you have some vac then the problem is likely to be pipework but since you say it affects the brakes i recon your pump is the culprit.
Old 02-01-14, 11:13 AM   #5
Inactive User

Excellent.
Thanks for all your help.
Will give it a try and inform you of my progress.
Thanks again
Old 02-01-14, 12:39 PM   #6

Let's do another diagnostic. Let me know when you're free
Old 02-01-14, 12:50 PM   #7
Inactive User

Ok, will do. Thanks Gibbo.

Just checked out the vacuum pump, removed pipe while car running and there is vacuum coming from it
Old 02-01-14, 12:53 PM   #8

Check the thin pipe going to the boost solenoid it has an alloy section clipped onto the rocker cover and it can wear through where the clips touch it causing no vac to boost solenoid
Old 02-01-14, 02:36 PM   #9
Inactive User

Just checked that too and no leak from there either.

Will have to investigate further tomorrow as there is a surging sound when the revs are at about 1800 rpm.

Just got to find where from now.

It is fine when unplugging the air flow but there when its plugged in.

Thanks for all the help people. Nice to have some advice to work with
Old 29-03-14, 10:03 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi all,

Still having the same issues with this only doesnt vary now when maf plugged in or not.

Get it boosting fine when running initially then dead, as in a non turbo type performance.

Tried various garages etc and all just shrug shoulders.

Any other advice as really lost all confidence with the car and may just end up scrapping the bloody thing

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in