Peugeot 307 2.0l -04 goes into Strange Mode between 1000-1800rpm - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-19, 12:01 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 307 2.0l -04 goes into Strange Mode between 1000-1800rpm

Hi. I was planning to fix a Peg 307 for my sister.
Bought the car as it is, faultcode was only Camshaft sensor and rough enginge behaviour.
Ordered one and replaced it before I was trying to go on with fault code reading.
The code for the sensor is gone now, and it does not give any other code.
I don't have this PP2000, but an DS150e reader.
The car have the following symptoms.
It always starts, and it idles without any problem.
If I rev it from 2000rpm- it does not have any problems, I can rev it f'ex 2400rpm for a couple of minutes and let go of the gaspedal, still going fine on idle.
But if I put it between the range of 1000-1800rpm, I can count to 4 and the triangle EPS light in the instrument panel pops up with a "Ping", and then I can count to 4 again and the engine lamp turns on and the car seems to go on 3 cyl, or turns down the ignition timing extremly.
If I turn it off and start it again, it goes normal on idle and from 2000rpm-
The only faultcodes it gives is P0300, probably due to the strange "Mode" the engine goes into, and of course the nice orange message of "Anti Polution".
The coilpack seems to be fine since it is alert from idle and up, no misfiring or anything noticable.
I checked all connectors I can find in the engine bay, boxes etc, seems shiny and fine, no green stuff anywhere.
Checked injectors, all 4 has nice splitted streams.
I checked live readings, everything seems to be moving as it should.
Lambda 1 fluxuate nicely, Lambda 2 is more static, but changes once in a while.
Injection times, seems okay, coolant temperature etc, etc.
The only other code that shows up is the cooling fan Low Speed, and it seems to be a faulty resistor relay, or what that thing is called.
I tried to activate it from the PC and can only activate High Speed, no reaction on the Low Speed part.
But that code only comes if the engine comes up to temp and the fan is activated.
I checked the EGR valve and it seems to be fine, of course both bolts snapped off so I had to remove the thermostat housing to get them drilled out and new threads inserted.
So that is where it ended the last time in the garage.
The only thing I did before towing the car back home to order new gasket and get the threads fixed was to take out the spark plugs,, but the 4th, nearest the gearbox, was not properly tightned, it came out without any effort, the 3rd, came out with only fingergrip power, the 2nd and 1st was like the 4th, not tightned.
The colors on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th plug was more normal "soted" but the 3rd "loose" was almost white.
Can that have made it so that the engine suchs air into the third cyl and it goes to lean and trigger some sort of fault in the low range rpm's so the engine either lowers the ignition timing or turns of the 3rd cyl?
Or is it any other problem besides the spark plugs that can create these symptoms within these low range rpm's 1000-1800?
I have not yet been able to test the car with new spark plugs, tightened correctly this time, since I am still waiting for new therm-housing gasket, new spark plugs and other parts.

Regards R
IDLFC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-19, 01:11 PM   #2

Torque figure is 25Nm or 18 lbf-ft.
madbadandold is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #3

Well, now the car is back togheter, and still the same symptoms.
It still goes fine on idle, over ~1900-rpm,, but when it is in the range 1000-1800rpm, the same ESP lamp shows up (I have no idea why the Electronic Stability Program lamp even lights up 5 sec before this happens, since the car ain't moving anywhere and the ABS lamp never lights up??), and 5 sec later the Check Engine lamp follows and the engine starts to go strange, followed by the Catalystic Converter Fault/Anti Pollution message in the display, and it has a rattling sound all along the exhaust pipe.
The new sparkplugs, tightend did not seem to help at all.
Still only the same faultcodes, P0300, missfiring one or more cylinders.
When reading live values, the lambda readings are fine 0.1-0.7, the rear lambda goes between 0.6-0.7 on idle,, but when the engine goes into this strange mode, it shuts down the lamba sonds readings to 0v on both sonds.
Anyone with any suggestion?? before the car goes to the scrapyard, which is a shame since it is rustfree and is in good condition over all,, except this strange behaviour which does my head in.

Last edited by IDLFC; Today at 07:32 AM.
IDLFC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:12 PM   #4

Partial blockage of the cat maybe?
madbadandold is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in