Peugeot 307 2.0HDi 110PS EGR or Turbo Issue? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-17, 08:57 AM   #1

Default Peugeot 307 2.0HDi 110PS EGR or Turbo Issue?

OK, I am in deep depression as my beloved Peugeot 'Brian' has had to be retired. I have done a glorious 260,000 miles in the old chap, without any issues. He is serviced every 9k on the button and most miles are motorway.

A few weeks ago as I pulled into my road I knew something was up straight away when he refused to accelerate away in 2nd....I feared the worst.
It is not in limp home, I can get the revs up, but it pulls like a Zetec Fiesta, and not like my old beast. It is driveable but you do not want to pull out in front of traffic, as it has lost its Vavavoom.

A quick check under the hood revealed nothing obvious, no pipes off or anything, so I borrowed an OBD, and got the codes. All 3 pointed to EGR issues. I have scoured the You tube of video to try and locate this part, but wondered if this was really my power loss issue.

I have read a lot on here but am confused as to which EGR system this has it seems to differ. I then proceeded to remove some of the hardware to try and locate the EGR (at the back of the engine?) I am not a novice DIY mechanic, I actually cut my teeth on Peugeot back in the early 80's, but this is a different ball game now, and my knowledge of Diesel engines has passed me by.

Fault codes P1352, P1446, P0402, P0400, P1442, P1435, Chassis no VF33HRHSB 83517859
I know a few of the codes are DPF low...its been out for 3 years but never caused an issue, and the DPF has been 'adjusted' 4 years ago to avoid blockage.

After such high mileage it could be anything I guess, but I would love to find out what exactly so he could carry on his journey through time ! I have codes and photos if anyone out there is free to help with advice?

Looking for a helping hand now as I have reached my limit...thanks in advance

State of partial dismantle
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...2qK9eUIe-SWNXv

This pipe was in the doser chamber but really loose, like it would not deliver vacum
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...7G-dzOUDqXuVnc

I wondered what was this was and should the Doser be open when cold?
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...Wh8VKtIGTcZsMG
stsmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-17, 11:53 AM   #2

RHS engine is 8 valve so EGR system is simple it has a valve on the rear of the engine controlled by vacuum.

It wont be going like a fiesta zetec they are faster !!

My bet is a loose fitting or split vacuum hose as both the EGR and the turbo need vacuum to operate and the rubber hoses wear through and burst leading to no vacuum.

260k miles is not high mileage these engines are easily capable of double that !!
Old 08-08-17, 05:25 AM   #3

Also, check that you haven't burst a turbo pipe. Lower ones are favourites as they tend to accumulate oil which softens the rubber.
I have a 406hdi which is trying to go round the clock but the odometer refuses to advance beyond 999,999kms... still has the original motor. Yours is still a youngster..
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-17, 05:57 AM   #4

Thanks for this - I will have a good inspection of the pipes, can someone just clarify for me, is the EGR at the back of the engine as it is on the 1.6?
Old 08-08-17, 06:12 AM   #5

Your pic links are not working for me..

EGR is across the rear of the motor
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-17, 06:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
Your pic links are not working for me..

EGR is across the rear of the motor
Thanks Will, sorry about the links, probably a privacy thing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in