Peugeot 307 2.0 Hdi (110bhp) Anti Pollution Fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-01-14, 08:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 307 2.0 Hdi (110bhp) Anti Pollution Fault

Hello, I have had a 307 2.0 Hdi (110bhp) for around twelve months and had nothing but trouble with it. Initially the low fuel additive indicator was displaying and the engine management light illuminated. The additive was replaced and the light re-set, however within a day the display message and management light were back on. The garage where I bought it from (and will never buy a car from again) finally decided that the switch at the fuel filler cap which allows the additive into the fuel was stuck open and so they fitted a new switch and re-set the engine management light. All was fine until the day after when the light came back on, and so back to the garage to clear the fault and re-set the light. This escapade carried on for well over a month! Eventually I really could not be arsed keep going to and from the garage and drove the car with engine management light on until last week. In the meantime, a friend of mine who has the Peugeot software checked the car for faults and managed to clear 32 faults that were showing. However, there was one fault that he could not clear and that was to do with the particulate filter. He explained that the filter would probably be blocked solid which makes sense because recently the car wouldn't pull a mugger off my granny as it lacked that much power. I carried on driving for a week after this and the engine management light came on and went off on it's own accord but has recently stayed on permanently. The car is off road now as the MOT was due today and it wasn't worth taking it for test with the engine management light on. I have been told that it is possible to clean out the particulate filter by either keeping the engined revved up constantly until the exhaust is to a certain temperature which is supposed to clear the build up of carbon or it can be removed and washed out similar to an heater matrix. I would appreciate any advise on this?
Roaring Meg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-01-14, 08:28 PM   #2

My advice is to rewrite using paragraphs I got lost half way through !!
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-01-14, 08:31 PM   #3
Inactive User

That's helpful!

Old 17-01-14, 12:03 AM   #4

You'll need to remove filter and wash it out , then with pp2000 reset it as new , plus refill Elroy's if needed and reset counters , I would guess on yours there's two and the original garage only reset one ,

Personally I would get it to a mapper and rip it out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-14, 04:33 PM   #5
Inactive User

Thanks for that info, what is best to wash it through with?
Old 18-01-14, 12:17 AM   #6

or you could just remove the DPF/FAP and do away with it far better all round
but when I washed mine out I used warm water with some degreaser filter was like new but after a few weeks it was back to faults so I removed it and never had any faults since
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-01-14, 12:45 PM   #7

Pressure washer is the best way to clean these my original filter got to 202K with a couple of washouts.
Old 18-01-14, 04:26 PM   #8
Inactive User

That's good mileage Windy1603! I traded in my 206 van (with the 1.4Hdi engine) against this 307 last year and that had 208k on the clock!

If I was to do away with the DPF/FAP is there an exhaust section that replaces this or would I need a full replacement exhaust system ?

Also on the subject of the re-mapping involved, can the ECU be removed and sent away to have this done or does it have to remain fitted to the car?

Last edited by Roaring Meg; 18-01-14 at 04:29 PM.
Old 21-01-14, 01:09 AM   #9

any local exhaust place can make you up a straight pipe to replace the FAP/DPF filter for about 20/40 but if you do this keep the FAP/DPF and you
can sell that for scrap so this could be used to re coupe some money back ive seen places give 50/100 for some filters theres a code on the it so might be more!

getting to the remap you can do this without sending the ECU away buy a lead on ebay and read the ECU file and send it to a tuner and they will remap the car from the file send it back you upload it and bingo the car is remapped
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-14, 05:38 AM   #10
Inactive User

so is there a diy way to do this remapping? My filter still works after 220k (km!) but not worrying about it and the dpf fluid and the turbo would be nice.
gondor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in