Peugeot 307 1.4 hdi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-17, 02:50 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 307 1.4 hdi

Hi, I?m after a bit of of help/advise, I just bought my first 307 hdi and at first all seemed fine, my problem began when I first took it on the duel carriage way and I noticed it?s total lack of acceleration it?s as if the turbo is not kicking in, the speed maxed out at 70 mph which took an eternity to get to and won?t rev over 4500rpm, I?ve read on different posts about cleaning egr valve and checking all vacuum pipes which as far as I can see are ok, I?ve also been told about the cat blocking up but I?ve tried removing it and taking it for a drive but that made no difference. Any help or advise off anyone will be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance. Steve
stevenb1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-17, 03:20 PM   #2

How did you drive it without the cat on because that means the exhaust was not connected and so it would have been making a hellava racket?
You can physically check the turbo is OK by disconnecting the air pipe and check to see if it rotates, whilst the engine is switched off of course, with your finger. Better to do that when it is cold. Then start and run it and see if it rotates.
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-17, 03:32 PM   #3

Yeah, it was pretty loud lol!! I just turned the radio up a little bit higher ?, I?ve checked if the turbo is working and it seems fine, when I had the cat off you could actually here it, it?s just when driving the car the revs start going up and when I would of thought the turbo should kick in nothing happens, my brother had the 1.4 hdi about 5 years ago and his felt a lot more nippy than the one I got now

Old 05-10-17, 03:37 PM   #4

4500rpm is about the limit on this engine I believe. Any signs of oil in the air ducts? Checking the EGR valve is fiddly due to where it is but is doable. My valve was clean but gunge had built up where it feeds into the inlet manifold.
Old 05-10-17, 04:21 PM   #5

I?ve had the egr valve off and give it a good clean with carb cleaner but it didn?t seem that bad really, I think there should be more go in the car than what?s there, I bought it for a cheap run a round for work but I have to travel 9 miles down the duel carriage way and it struggles to get to 70 before I have to get off, I?ve seen Peugeot planet for sale on eBay for about 40 do you think it?s worth trying this before throwing more money at it?
Old 05-10-17, 04:31 PM   #6

I would read up about whats required and the problems you get with uploading the system. I had mine done by a computer expert and even he struggled but at least it works, So saying the egr system is vacuum powered and that is controlled by a solenoid so as long as that is working and you can confirm the pipes are not leaking(vacuum tester) and that the egr moves when vacuum is put on it then the only thing is a blockage as I said.
9 miles is not far and at least you are getting to 70. Have you done a full service on the car. Especially the fuel, air and oil filters? If you have then I would not waste money on trying to fix it but if you have not then it may be a fuelling issue.
My car is stuck in limp mode but I can still get to 70 and it is limited to 2950 rpm so I would say the fault is fuel based.
Old 10-10-17, 08:10 AM   #7

Try disconnecting the maf sensor and see how it goes

A good service will go a long way too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-10-17, 03:51 PM   #8

Just an update for everyone, went out and purchased Peugeot Planet 2000 of eBay (44 so not too bad) plugged it in to the car and done a full global test, come up with a few faults I.e maf opencircuit and an rear wheel abs sensor, parts replaced, cleared faults and car now all seems good?? thanks for all your help most appreciated, just need to program my new key in when it arrives to sort out my pesky central locking and I?ll be a happy boy ??
Old 15-10-17, 05:39 PM   #9

well done and thanks for update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in