Oil Pressure Warning on Tickover - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-16, 01:11 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Oil Pressure Warning on Tickover

I have bought a second hand 307, 2004, 90K miles.

When the car is first started, the centre console displays "Oil Pressure Insufficient", and "Airbag fault". These then disappear when driving.

After the car has warmed up, when idle at tickover, if you turn the air con on, or close the elctric windows, the revs will slightly dip, causing the same errors on the centre console, and also the "STOP" and oil light on the dash.

This only occurs when the engines at tickover and the revs slightly drop below.
I've read about other cars getting the same oil problems but not the same scenario.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Ash.
ashley25ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-16, 02:53 PM   #2

Had the same fault under the same conditions as you've got !
Changed the oil and filter and pressure switch, even cleaned out the throttle body didn't make any difference.
Never got to the bottom of it as sold the car as spares/repair for other reasons
but the buyer contacted me some weeks later saying that the car was great and he lived in Dorset (250+ miles away) and he had been all over the place as well, so can't have been that much of a problem.
You might be able to find a pressure switch which activates at couple of psi lower if you really look around.
Good luck
Can't comment on the airbag problem
johnbrander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-16, 06:06 PM   #3

It's just an idea, but I think those indications may all be false alarms caused by an electrical problem. If I'm correct, the problem is likely to be in the voltage regulator of the alternator.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-16, 06:10 PM   #4
Inactive User

Im leaning more towards this as both the airbag and oil warnings come on at exactly the same time, and I cant think how they would be linked any other way. I'll get this looked at, thanks!
ashley25ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in