Oil consumption 307 EW10A - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-19, 03:49 AM   #1

Default Oil consumption 307 EW10A

Hi,

Recently bought a used 2005 307 with 2.0L EW10A engine. Finally got around to the first oil change and everything went smoothly, new filter element and some Castrol Edge 5W-40 synthetic.

It is used for a lot of start/stop short runs and long highway runs and seems to use more oil than I would expect (actually I would expect it to use none because my 2003 406 HDi with 330,000k doesn't use any between 10,000km oil changes!) The 307 goes through about 1/2L every 2000km or so - no drips that I can see, it doesn't smoke or have any other obvious oil consumption symptoms.

I guess I can just keep topping it up but not with synthetic! I'll get some cheap 5W-40 mineral if this keeps up. But, if there is some problem I should be aware of/check for it would be nice to know about it.

Thanks for your help
Hermano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-19, 10:59 AM   #2

Is the full synthetic designed for these older models? Best to stick to manufacturers original.
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-19, 05:24 AM   #3

Yep. Full synthetic is the recommendation. I wouldn’t stand the cost if it wasn’t but never again!

Old 13-09-19, 06:19 AM   #4

Our 2003 2.0 hi doesn't use a drop I'm afraid. I use Triple QX synthetic from Eurocarparts.
Old 14-09-19, 08:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickleymal View Post
Our 2003 2.0 hi doesn't use a drop I'm afraid. I use Triple QX synthetic from Eurocarparts.
Neither does my 2003 2.0 HDi with 330,000 kms on it! I think the EW10A engine is just a POS. I’m about to dump the 307 and buy a Nissan Leaf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in