Non starter please help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-13, 06:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Non starter please help

Hi guys, can somebody please help me out as I am at the end of my tether and bank balance with this car now. I purchased the car last week and drove it home with no problems, however after parking it up for 2 days I went back to it and now it won't fire. I put the key in and it's attempting to start but won't fire up. I replaced the battery as the old one died but the new one is also slowing draining somehow so this is also another problem.
I have just forked out 50 for an auto electrician to reprogrammed the transponder as this was my first thought but it was all linked and working fine. After nearly 2 hours of looking and checking his diagnostics he left scratching his head as no fault codes showing and the bsi was fine. The only he did tell me was that the crank wasn't returning any values on the diagnostics when he attempted to start the car but said this may mean nothing and all the fuses were ok too. Can anybody shed any possible light on this before I take a match to the car please, thanks very much

Julian
julianmhart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-01-13, 07:06 PM   #2

look on planet map to see if you have someone near you to look at live data. Did the electrician confirm that the BSI and engine ECU are unlocking when the key is inserted. (ECU status unlocked in live data).

If you turn on ignition then turn off but leave keys in ign do you get a chime if you open the door. If not the imobiliser is not seeing keys or electrician has not coded them correctly.

No crank signal could be crankshaft sensor but need to check live data as ecu locked would do the same.

Could also be BSI/ecu corrupted from power loss
Old 14-01-13, 07:59 PM   #3
Inactive User

The guy spent ages with the car but not too sure what info he got back as he was sat In the car with his laptop while I froze to death outside. He did try resetting the transponder a few times and confirmed it wasn't that, he also said sometimes the bsi needs resetting which he said he did but as for the ecu I am not sure sorry.
I have looked on the planet peugeot map and can see a few people with it near me but can't contact anyone as when I posted and asked earlier I was told that I have to make 20 posts before I can contact anyone so at a loss there. Just seems strange that the battery keeps draining even though its brand new ad now the car won't start either
julianmhart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-01-13, 08:05 PM   #4

Post away here to get 20 posts

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...fore-pm-13646/
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in