No glow plug, battery or oil pressure light on inst panel - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-11, 05:17 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default No glow plug, battery or oil pressure light on inst panel

Hi all,

Until yesterday I was an alfa man through and through however I have just bought a 2006 307 SW 1.6HDi (110). Very impressed so far!! A couple of questions for you bright folk:

I have searched the forums but there is no definitive answer out there, as the title suggests there are no lights illuminating in the central instrument cluster for the glow plug, battery or oil pressure light. I have heard the glow plugs light may not always come on?? The battery and oil press light definitely should be on I'm sure. Are these 3 lights linked - maybe a relay?

Also would you suggest that a code reader is a decent investment...I have seen some on ebay for 20??

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Lastly, all else is good except a slight "whine" to the engine - presume it is the turbo, don't know if it supposed to make the noise at all?

Best regards,
MuzN
MUzN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-11, 08:07 AM   #2
jmkent

If you're going to buy a code reader for the Pug, don't bother with the 20 ones off ebay... you might aswell spend the extra and buy the full Peugeot Planet software and have access to everything
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-11, 11:59 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks, looking into the whole Peugeot Planet thing now.

Old 04-12-11, 02:52 PM   #4
jmkent

Does the 307 definitely have a light for battery and oil pressure? My 407 doesn't have these lights, only warnings come up on the MFD if there is a fault. My glow plug light will flash on momentarily when switching on ignition, but doesn't stay on for more than a second.
Old 04-12-11, 05:26 PM   #5
Inactive User

The bottom line of my instrument cluster (between speed and rev counter) has the symbols for the glow plugs, the battery and the oil pressure. These 3 symbols are not illuminating at all, the battery and oil press light should definitely be on (red) until the engine starts and then should go out. I was wondering if all of these lights are linked by one relay? I would have thought this is the same on a 407?
Old 04-12-11, 05:38 PM   #6

307 Light Test -
Attached Thumbnails
volvo-074.jpg  
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-11, 06:02 PM   #7
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUzN View Post
The bottom line of my instrument cluster (between speed and rev counter) has the symbols for the glow plugs, the battery and the oil pressure. These 3 symbols are not illuminating at all, the battery and oil press light should definitely be on (red) until the engine starts and then should go out. I was wondering if all of these lights are linked by one relay? I would have thought this is the same on a 407?
307 obviously quite a bit different to the 407 then.... no lights on my 407 for battery or oil pressure, just the display in the centre which will show any alert/error on starting

407 looks like http://www.flickr.com/photos/renniem...te/4222841157/ - the display in the centre there will show up any warnings

Last edited by jmkent; 04-12-11 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-12-11, 06:28 PM   #8
aos
Inactive User

If I understand the handbook right, the amber triangle (along with a message on main display) replaces the battery light.
Glow plugs rarely come on, though they will when the temp gets to -5c or so.
Perhaps the oil pressure light has also been made redundant by amber triangle and a message too.
It seems to be a generic warning light (followed by a specific message on the display).
aos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-11, 06:37 PM   #9
jmkent

Looking in the handbook, there is a * next to these two symbols, and indicates "according to country". Wonder if they are standard on UK cars then? Anyone else care to confirm if theirs do light up?
Old 04-12-11, 06:47 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi I have got 2002 Rapier 307 1.6 petrol. But it is the same, I haven't got those lights when I turn my ignition on. When I turn it on these are the lights coming on (Battery, Engine Management Light, Hand Break, Seat Belt, ABS light will on on only 2 seconds and Engine Management will be off after I have switched on the engine after 2 seconds as well.

I thought this was normal.
Torero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in