New to Peugeot ownership and have some issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-19, 09:32 AM   #1

Default New to Peugeot ownership and have some issues

Hi.nee to Peugeot and the forum Recently purchased a 2005 55 Peugeot 307 1.6 hdi as a run around for the wife to use for work. Last night the engine management light came on and also got the anti pollution failure message on screen. After reading the codes I have several codes all relating to the anti pollution system. The codes I have are as follows
P0420 intermittent particle filter particulate filter overloaded
P2032 intermittent particle emission upstream temperature signal temperature too high
P1445 permanent additive system quantity too high
P0490 intermittent egr valve circuit not enough egr, egr too closed in relation to the reference value
P0401 permanent air circuit quantity of air measured higher than the reference value
P0490 permanent egr solenoid valve sticking of the valve on programming its values
All the codes will clear and engine management light is now off other than additive quantity too high so I assume that the additive has been topped up too much. Does this mean the egr and dpf are on the way out or does it mean it needs a really good run to get everything nice and hot as I think it's only been used for short journeys. Is there a way of manually forcing the car to do a dpf regen as I used to have a vauxhall cdti and you could force the car to do a regen using software. Something else which is worth mentioning is the car is a little sluggish on the duel carriageway and puts out a little black smoke on high revs. Is this the nature of the beast being only a 1.6 diesel 110 or should it be quite pokey it's OK on normal town driving. Any help much appreciated. Car is a cheap 500 quid runabout so tempted just to cut my losses and sell it on. Thanks
leo88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-19, 09:48 AM   #2

Sounds like your DPF is not regenerating and its most likely the additive is empty not too full !

The system does not measure the fluid level it calculates it based on mileage it is probably the soot load it is saying is too high.

You need the DPF cleaned out i would NEVER do a forced regen on these engines remove the filter wash it out replenish the no doubt empty additive tank check the cap sensor works tell the ecu it has a new DPF and providing everything else is working the DPF will regen again.
Old 02-05-19, 10:17 AM   #3

Thanks for the fast reply. Just had a look at the additive tank on YouTube. Is this what I need to do.https://youtu.be/uQ78XheVZBU
The 307 in this video has a warning in the screen saying additive low. Would my car not have the same message if the additive is low. Could I get the car to a dpf regen while driving it. Is there a set procedure to do this. If dpf does need removing it may be a garage job rather than something I can do on driveway. Does it need sending away to have it cleaned. It's odd though as fault codes haven't re appeared and don't know how long the codes have been stored in the ecu

Old 02-05-19, 11:32 AM   #4

Also the code reader I used to read the codes is a generic one I borrowed from work. I have an app called torque on my phone with the the Bluetooth obd reader will this surfice to reset the dpf fluid interval after filling the canister with the fluid and having the dpf cleaned. Thanks
Old 02-05-19, 11:35 AM   #5

Nope, you need Planet.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...70/#post529130

Both the EGR and DPF system are probably end of life and need replacing.
Old 02-05-19, 11:38 AM   #6

No you really need a proper computer to check the levels and reset the counters.

Run it for now it should attempt a regen within a few hundred miles if it does and fails you will get the errors back but to be honest you need to know whats really wrong to fix it and again a good computer is needed to get accurate info.
Old 02-05-19, 05:13 PM   #7

Thank you I'm going to check additive level over the weekend. It came with a top up kit in the boot.im going to try and take it out for a long run at the weekend to get the dpf to regenerate and see how it goes. It's got 12 months mot so if worse comes to it will just run it till it dies and get something else. Its just a cheap runabout so won't be spending a fortune on it. Too add to my problems it's now started leaking oil aswell
Old 02-05-19, 05:17 PM   #8

This is the scanner I was using
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 254056843281
Old 02-05-19, 05:44 PM   #9

Sorry only just seen the links you posted in the last comment. Unfortunately doesn't seem like any members with planet are local to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in