New key - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-17, 06:08 PM   #1

Default New key

Hi all, a question for the boffins, have purchased a replacement key shell from ebay for a 307cc 2005 facelift with the three button plip key and have swapped over the innards of the old key to the new shell but the new key has yet to be cut so i tried to start the car (the neighbours) inserting the old key in the ignition whilst holding the new key next to it and it turns over but wont start, now when i changed the shell of my own key 2005 pre facelift 2 button jobbie i swapped the transponder over and all was good.
So question is is the transponder for the 3 button key incorporated in the printed circuit board as i can not find one in the old shell.
Dont want to pay to get the key cut if it wont work.
So does anyone know the location of the 3 transponder on the 3 button key.

Cheers Jim
Kwango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-07-17, 08:09 PM   #2

Probably the transponder is not close enough to the antenna being separate to the old key. [as far as I know the transponder on the 3 button unit is part of the circuit board.. ]

You can swap blades also, that is what I do when replacing the plastic button bit. It is a fiddly but not difficult job. You need to remove the small roll pin securing the blade and simply swap blades.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-07-17, 08:22 PM   #3

Thanks for reply but i thought i read somewhere that u couldn't change the blade as it is molded into the plastic
Cheers Jim

Old 15-07-17, 08:28 PM   #4

If it looks like this then the blade can be swapped.. For Peugeot 406 407 408 307 107 207 Remote Key Fob Shell Box Housing 3 Buttons | eBay
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-07-17, 10:42 AM   #5

Hi Will thanks very much for your input,all sorted now.
The trouble is when the blade of the key is fully open or closed you cannot see the roll pin and because you never stop it half way out you never see the pin.

So thanks again mate much appreciated.

Cheers Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in