New here need help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-12, 07:20 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default New here need help

Hi all im new here need help.im buying a 307 2005 facelift model it a 55 plate 1.6hdi 110 2mora and was wondering what to look out for and whats the common fault on this model and does this model have fuel addetive as i read they go wrong alot of the times.pls help thanks
moy24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-12, 07:29 PM   #2
jmkent

Chances are, that one will have the DPF

Check for all electrics to work, i.e. windows, mirrors, central locking, etc also check for any faults on the dash/display... anything to do with depollultion or ABS may cost a few bob to fix.

Common problems... ABS sensors, DPF, DMF, indicator stalk, CD changer

Just make sure to give it a really good going over before deciding to part with your money, as there really are dozens of 307s out there
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-12, 07:32 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
Chances are, that one will have the DPF

Check for all electrics to work, i.e. windows, mirrors, central locking, etc also check for any faults on the dash/display... anything to do with depollultion or ABS may cost a few bob to fix.

Common problems... ABS sensors, DPF, DMF, indicator stalk, CD changer

Just make sure to give it a really good going over before deciding to part with your money, as there really are dozens of 307s out there
thanks for ur advice the guy who is selling me the car said his car does not have the fuel addetive but i dont no if thats true or not this is my first ever peugeot

Old 21-01-12, 07:35 PM   #4
jmkent

Get the last 8 digits of the VIN, post them on here, and we'll tell you exactly what the car does or doesn't have. If it had it when new, but he says it doesn't anymore, be very careful about buying it, because if it isn't done correctly, removing it can be fraught with problems.

Personally, I'd check with VIN first to see what was fitted when new.
Old 21-01-12, 07:42 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Get the last 8 digits of the VIN, post them on here, and we'll tell you exactly what the car does or doesn't have. If it had it when new, but he says it doesn't anymore, be very careful about buying it, because if it isn't done correctly, removing it can be fraught with problems.

give me a few miniute il give u the vin
Old 21-01-12, 07:54 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:

the last 8 vin number is 84351206
Old 21-01-12, 07:58 PM   #7
jmkent

Full car data here

And yes, this car did have the DPF/additive when new

Last edited by jmkent; 21-01-12 at 08:02 PM. Reason: corrupt file
Old 21-01-12, 08:02 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Full car data in the attached file (extract the .zip and there is a .pdf in it)

And yes, this car did have the DPF/additive when new
k thanks mate as he said his car dont have one does that mean he removed it and is that anything to worry about should i give it a miss or should i still get it it done 84kmiles with full history
Old 21-01-12, 08:06 PM   #9
jmkent

Its definitely worth questioning

There are more knowledgeable people on here than me, but very few have successfully managed to have the DPF removed without any problems since. I definitely wouldn't be buying it without having a scan of Planet on it first, as there are so many 307s around that its not worth buying it if it might be prone to problems.

First step... question him a bit more, along the lines of whether he knows what it is, whether he has had it removed, etc etc especially as it looks like it was there when new.
Old 21-01-12, 08:08 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Its definitely worth questioning

There are more knowledgeable people on here than me, but very few have successfully managed to have the DPF removed without any problems since. I definitely wouldn't be buying it without having a scan of Planet on it first, as there are so many 307s around that its not worth buying it if it might be prone to problems.

First step... question him a bit more, along the lines of whether he knows what it is, whether he has had it removed, etc etc especially as it looks like it was there when new.
ok mate thanks for ur help im going off line now more likely i wont be buying it thanks for ur help once agian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in