Peugeot Forums banner

new 307 owner, couple of probs!

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rpalmer22 
#1 ·
Hi

I've recently bought a 307 XSI, love the car but just have a couple of wee problems with it.

Firstly the main issue is knocking that seems to be coming from the front of the car. We've had it in the garage and had a new drop link put on it but we still have a knocking or cracking sound that seems to be quite random. I dont seem to be able to "make" it so the noise which is just one small knock noise rather than a constant sound.

The other issue is that sometimes after ticking over normally the car seems to splutter a little and almost stall, then it will go back to normal.

Any ideas on these problems would be appreciated!

#3 ·
I still have a tapping sound like a metallic rattle coming from the front, it sounds like 2 screw drivers being tapped together, I suspect now it may not be the heat shields, but post your problem on my PSA Resolution request and I will put them to Peugeot, Also I like to note when I turn Left on some occassions I can hear a scrap/crunch coming from the front, on one occassion the ESP light came on, is this a fault?

#4 ·
johnc said:
I still have a tapping sound like a metallic rattle coming from the front, it sounds like 2 screw drivers being tapped together, I suspect now it may not be the heat shields, but post your problem on my PSA Resolution request and I will put them to Peugeot, Also I like to note when I turn Left on some occassions I can hear a scrap/crunch coming from the front, on one occassion the ESP light came on, is this a fault?
The noises that come from the steering/suspension on the 307 is becoming a joke. PSA are needing to come out and admit its a known fault.

Due to the position of the abs control unit it collects water psa gave no thought to this, water droplets can and have been seen between the connector and unit terminals. This being linked to the esp will have caused the light to come on.

#5 ·
I've had it with the whole peugeot operation in australia, I urge you all to post your suspension/rattle issues on line and I will forward them on.
My dealer still has not replaced my door trims since december, so I have taken the action to demand a new vehicle if they are not replaced within ten days, these door trims are stated in my purchase contract to be replaced prior to delivery, or at least within a suitable time frame, so now I have had enough.

Also this is not the first time the esp light has come on, it has also occurred after I wash the car, but it's not a major drama, although the suspension tapping is embarrasing for me and more so peugeot as the sound is most progressive at low speeds and at major intersections and local roads, so it makes the entire company look bad, as any pedestrian who hears it will undoubtedly be deterred from buying a peugeot.

I'm not bitter but a little disappointed with peugeot for not refining their vehicles as much as they deserve to be.

Pull your socks up peugeot and take note!

#8 ·
Is my car about to stall!!!

Hello everyone....

on reading through the thread i have read this on the first post 'The other issue is that sometimes after ticking over normally the car seems to splutter a little and almost stall, then it will go back to normal'

i have the same problem - when the car is running but not moving i whole car shakes and seems like it is about to stall

what is this and why?

is this a potentially bigger problem i need to fix?

best regards

#9 ·
Hi we are having the same problem with our peugeot 307 it seems to shake on idle and you can feel it throughout the car. we have taken it to our peugeot dealer and they cannot find anything wrong with it. if anyone knows what the problem and get back to us ASAP.

Many Thanks

#10 ·
johnc said:
Did you get this noise not long after a service? We have had a few of these and it does sound like the heatshield. However our garage has discovered that the Peugeot engine are fussy about what spark plugs they use. We use to use NGKs but because of this problem we now only use BOSCH spark plugs. By the way I dont work for Bosch I have my own small garage. Its quite simple to change spark plugs so if you try it and it works please update this forum as Im sure theres some people thinking Im mad.

#11 ·
Hey everyone....

well i am really starting to annoyed with my motor...

too many things just seem to be going wrong at the same time....

but anyway...

for this above mentioned problems i may have some solutions, some i have already had done some i am planning to get done:

Knocking:
Replaced: Anti-roll links, Wish-bones

Engine Idle problem:
Replaced: Coil Cassette, Spark Plugs
To be replaced: Stepper Motor Valve?? ( i still need to find out more on this)

I was told by Peugeot that the plugs and the coil would do the trick but it didnt 100% so now they say the Stepper valve - we'll see.

I hope this helps folks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.