Navigation system - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-01-12, 05:59 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Navigation system

Hi,

I've just bought a Peugeot 307 1.6 HDi Quicksilver 55 plate. To the salesman suprise is has a navigation system (voice only). From the research I've done I won't be using it as it costs 10 per month!!. I was wondering if there is anyway I can connect my mobile (iPhone) to the same system (ie through speakers)? Also, does anyone know if this model has a function (aux lead?) to connect an iPhone to play music and make calls? As I can't see one.

Thank you
Lozfitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-01-12, 07:00 PM   #2
jmkent

You can easily buy cables off ebay to allow you to connect your iPhone to the headunit.
Two options really... either a 3.5mm jack lead, or a USB connection. If you want to use the satnav from your phone, I would say you're better off with the aux lead, as then I presume whatever sound came from the phone would be heard across the car speakers (haven't heard of anyone doing this, other than listening to music, so would need checking).
Once bought, you would need someone to program them in to your car in order for it to 'see' that they are there.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-01-12, 07:33 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
You can easily buy cables off ebay to allow you to connect your iPhone to the headunit.
Two options really... either a 3.5mm jack lead, or a USB connection. If you want to use the satnav from your phone, I would say you're better off with the aux lead, as then I presume whatever sound came from the phone would be heard across the car speakers (haven't heard of anyone doing this, other than listening to music, so would need checking).
Once bought, you would need someone to program them in to your car in order for it to 'see' that they are there.

Thank you for your reply. Unless I am being stupid I can't find where the lead would plug into. I've looked in the glove box and around it (incidentally found a small speaker 3 inch squared - guessing that's for the satnav). Do you know if the aux plug does exist? Or do I need to buy something in addition.

Last edited by Lozfitz; 29-01-12 at 07:36 PM.

Old 29-01-12, 07:40 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozfitz View Post
Thank you for your reply. Unless I am being stupid I can't find where the lead would plug into. I've looked in the glove box and around it (incidentally found a small speaker 3 inch squared - guessing that's for the satnav). Do you know if the aux plug does exist? Or do I need to buy something in addition.
is this what I need?
PEUGEOT 207, 407, 307, 607, Aux In iPod iPhone MP3 Interface Adaptor CTVPGX011 | eBay
Old 30-01-12, 07:09 AM   #5
jmkent

The aux port will be on the back of the radio head unit itself - amongst all the other connector blocks
Therefore, you won't see it unless you take the head unit out.
Old 30-01-12, 09:22 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
The aux port will be on the back of the radio head unit itself - amongst all the other connector blocks
Therefore, you won't see it unless you take the head unit out.
Oh ok thank you. Once the head unit is out do I need something like this Connects2 CTVPGX010 Peugeot 206, 307, 406, 607, 807 Aux Interface Adaptor ??
OR
Just the cable?
Old 30-01-12, 10:20 AM   #7
jmkent

Nope, if you go down the route of connecting in via the 3.5mm jack, there is a much easier option with a dealer part which would give you the jack and RCA type plugs on a box which connects to the head unit, or an option off ebay for just a 3.5mm jack connection which connects direct into the head unit.

Would need to check you have the same aux ports on your head unit as I have (I've got RD4), but assuming you do, then the cable can be simply plugged in, and then activated via Planet - no need for any other boxes of tricks in between them.
Old 30-01-12, 10:27 AM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Nope, if you go down the route of connecting in via the 3.5mm jack, there is a much easier option with a dealer part which would give you the jack and RCA type plugs on a box which connects to the head unit, or an option off ebay for just a 3.5mm jack connection which connects direct into the head unit.

Would need to check you have the same aux ports on your head unit as I have (I've got RD4), but assuming you do, then the cable can be simply plugged in, and then activated via Planet - no need for any other boxes of tricks in between them.
Thanks again for your reply. I'm getting bit confused so I'm thinking a trip to the Peugeot garage or Halfords may help me, as they can show me which part I need.

Not sure of the radio model number but it looks like this
peugeot radio 307 - Google Search
Old 30-01-12, 11:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozfitz View Post
Hi,

I've just bought a Peugeot 307 1.6 HDi Quicksilver 55 plate. To the salesman suprise is has a navigation system (voice only). From the research I've done I won't be using it as it costs 10 per month!!. I was wondering if there is anyway I can connect my mobile (iPhone) to the same system (ie through speakers)? Also, does anyone know if this model has a function (aux lead?) to connect an iPhone to play music and make calls? As I can't see one.

Thank you
Hi
I would love to see what kind of system this is, that costs 10/month
Do you have photos?

Regards
m3mpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-01-12, 11:50 AM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3mpower View Post
Hi
I would love to see what kind of system this is, that costs 10/month
Do you have photos?

Regards

To be fair I have only read on-line that is costs 10 per month. The information about it can be found here:

Peugeot Launches Special Edition 307 With Smartnav as Standard

I haven't used the system yet. When I am ready there is a trafficmaster button (TM) opposite side of the ignition. Once I press this I will be put through to the helpdesk where they will set-up an account (I will be given one months free trial). Its a bit weird as there is no screen!!!

Once I have set it up I will let you know the cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in