leaky 307 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-13, 11:20 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default leaky 307

hello chaps
have a 5 door 307 2.0 hdi 2003 model ,i notice that the windows in it where steaming up so i checked the door seals and found the following

-drivers side main door seal has worn and has a small tear in it
-also the cill seals on both sides are torn

on further inspection i noticed that passenger foot well was 'ringing' wet so i took out the insulation and is presently drying in the sun!
i then checked drivers side and it was wet but not as bad as passenger side

i have got a garden hose and sprayed water all over doors and windscreen on both sides and cannot see where it is coming in
i have checked the scuttle at windscreen and its not blocked,i dont use the a/c

-----------
wud water be coming in the main door seal on driver side and making its way over and lodging in passenger footwell?only reason i ask is that the car is leaning over that side on where i park it??
i know i will change both main door seals at this stage but what exctly does the cill seal do?the one that runs from front to back doors in 1 peice at bootom of door?does it keep water out when going thru flooding ?

last thing is where is the best and cheapest place to get seals from apart from main dealers?
cheers and great site paul

Last edited by lcowner; 02-02-13 at 11:32 AM. Reason: more info
lcowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-13, 12:14 PM   #2
Inactive User

I had a very similar issue on my 206, I got the seals resealed at my local garage, it cost me 11, which is a price worth paying when I don't have the inclination to do it myself!

On my 206 there were 2 holes on the passenger door, on the underside and this was allowing water in, somehow, I had that resealed for 10 by my local garage.

I did have to get the carpets cleaned as they went mouldy!
Old 03-02-13, 12:52 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluediva View Post
I had a very similar issue on my 206, I got the seals resealed at my local garage, it cost me 11, which is a price worth paying when I don't have the inclination to do it myself!

On my 206 there were 2 holes on the passenger door, on the underside and this was allowing water in, somehow, I had that resealed for 10 by my local garage.

I did have to get the carpets cleaned as they went mouldy!

hi mate thanks for reply ,when u say resealed ?my drivers(main door seal) and passenger(cill seal) are actually like worn with a cut in them about 12 inches long ,how did the gargage reseal them?
the 2 holes ur are referring to are drainage holes on underside of the door at each end arent they?i dont think they shuda have been resealed or else the water will fill upp in ur door

ive got a quote for 2 new main door seals at 50 + vat ,gen pug seals so i think il gor for them on next payday,hopefully that works

heres a photo of the drivers seal torn/worn but what has me baffles is why is the passenger footwell soaking wet?

and passenger(drivers too) cill seal,(main door seal on p/s is fine)

probably a stupid question but is it possible for rain water to get into passenger footwell from a torn cill seal,ie if water gets in past cill seal how does it get past the main door seal??

Last edited by lcowner; 03-02-13 at 01:11 PM. Reason: add photos
lcowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-13, 01:46 PM   #4
Inactive User

Mine hadn't perished or ripped but simply wouldn't stay stuck to the car, obviously when I was opening and closing the door, the must've been contorting and not sealing the door.

I was offered by the garage, new door seals or try sealing the offending areas back to the car, I went for the cheap option first which worked.

On my passenger side rear door, the two holes that had become blocked and water was coming through the door card, I had the door card taken off, it all cleaned out and the door card resealed back to the door, that also worked.

Sadly I didn't get much use out of them as my car was written off about a month post sealing but I probably would've got now seals put in before it was next serviced. I was quoted 27 plus VAT and fitting on a 206.

Just been looking at my 307 now and one seal needs replacing, just been to the car wash and water has come in the drivers side and has gone some way towards the back seat, so that may be a similar issue to what you are experiencing?
Old 03-02-13, 02:01 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluediva View Post
Mine hadn't perished or ripped but simply wouldn't stay stuck to the car, obviously when I was opening and closing the door, the must've been contorting and not sealing the door.

I was offered by the garage, new door seals or try sealing the offending areas back to the car, I went for the cheap option first which worked.

On my passenger side rear door, the two holes that had become blocked and water was coming through the door card, I had the door card taken off, it all cleaned out and the door card resealed back to the door, that also worked.

Sadly I didn't get much use out of them as my car was written off about a month post sealing but I probably would've got now seals put in before it was next serviced. I was quoted 27 plus VAT and fitting on a 206.

Just been looking at my 307 now and one seal needs replacing, just been to the car wash and water has come in the drivers side and has gone some way towards the back seat, so that may be a similar issue to what you are experiencing?
which seal is gone on urs now?(im hoping its the cill seal and not the main door seal,which wud indicate the cill seal needs changing on mine)
it maybe it is but i dont put my car thru the carwash at petrol stn but every week i powerwash it at home ,im have been having the windows steam up since i bought the car 9 months ago at this stage so i persume it has been leaking since before i got it and only really investigated the door seals in the last couple weeks and wud like it sorted before it does any damage to metal/paint on floor(luckily theres no rust at the moment)
Old 04-02-13, 12:01 PM   #6

Just pick up some new rubbers from Peugeot, they're not dear.

And considering the number of wires which run along the plastic by the bottom of the door, worth doing before you get any electrical issues.
Old 04-02-13, 02:53 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Just pick up some new rubbers from Peugeot, they're not dear.

And considering the number of wires which run along the plastic by the bottom of the door, worth doing before you get any electrical issues.
hi mate i know the door main seals arent that expensive but the cill seals are mental money,wud replacing door seals only be ok do u think and keep water out?
Old 04-02-13, 04:53 PM   #8

Yes, just replacing the door seal should do. The long straight ones are just extra soundproofing.
Old 04-02-13, 05:10 PM   #9

Seals have been like yours on my 307 SW for a while and i have no problems with water leaks, I would check scuttle area (under windscreen where heater blower sits as if the drains block this area becomes a swimming pool and water leaks in via heater box. Also have a good look at the windscreen a poorly fitted replacements can leak.

While carpets etc are out you cold always use some chalk/talc round the footwells and the hose the car over this can often help trace route of leak
Old 04-02-13, 06:27 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Seals have been like yours on my 307 SW for a while and i have no problems with water leaks, I would check scuttle area (under windscreen where heater blower sits as if the drains block this area becomes a swimming pool and water leaks in via heater box. Also have a good look at the windscreen a poorly fitted replacements can leak.

While carpets etc are out you cold always use some chalk/talc round the footwells and the hose the car over this can often help trace route of leak
yes ive put a garden hose over the car everywhere and no water cam in as far as i cud make out,when u say check the scuttle ive heard/read this before but im not too sure where exactly to look for water holding would it be possible for sumone to put a piccy up of wer i shud look?thanks
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in