Key and ignition minefield - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-18, 07:21 AM   #1

Default Key and ignition minefield

I sincerely hope you can help as I am in big trouble. I have a 2001 307 1.4 petrol which is a great car BUT the two buttons on the only key I have have worn through. Replaced key fob from Ebay and switched circuit board. ANOTHER BUT the locking button on the board has top of the switch missing. The unlock button has a silver section with black push button and this is missing from the locking button. LAST BUT is that I do not have the immobiliser code.

Is it possible to fix this problem or am I faced with buying a new key?

Hope you can help. Many thanks,

Keith
chips01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-18, 08:48 AM   #2

Put your original key back together or your car wont start !!

You CANNOT reuse a used key on another car it must be a NEW key

The board in the key is ONLY for the remote locking there is a chip in the key case for the immobiliser and these 2 parts are matched to each other when first coded to the car.

The buttons can be repaired on your original board and replace the key CASE thats the correct way to fix it.
Old 07-07-18, 09:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips01 View Post
I sincerely hope you can help as I am in big trouble. I have a 2001 307 1.4 petrol which is a great car BUT the two buttons on the only key I have have worn through. Replaced key fob from Ebay and switched circuit board. ANOTHER BUT the locking button on the board has top of the switch missing. The unlock button has a silver section with black push button and this is missing from the locking button. LAST BUT is that I do not have the immobiliser code.

Is it possible to fix this problem or am I faced with buying a new key?

Hope you can help. Many thanks,

Keith
There are refurb kits on eBay, usually new key body, battery and surface mount switches, like this one. Replacing the switch[es] requires decent soldering experience (it's surface mount, but big as far as surface mount stuff goes.)
Since it sounds like you've already got a new body, you can also get just the switches. No special endorsement of linked auctions/sellers, just the first search hits I got.

By not having the immobilizer code, do you mean you no longer have the RFID chip that lives inside the case, separate from the board? (I think that's how that age 2-button remotes did it) If that's it I do believe you need a new virgin circuit board + RFID chip, and program those to the car.

Old 07-07-18, 09:32 AM   #4

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated. Excellent. Switches ordered.

I cannot believe that there was a separate chip. Just found it. I am so confident that I have solved this problem with your help. Many, many thanks.
chips01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-18, 10:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips01 View Post
Many thanks for your help, much appreciated. Excellent. Switches ordered.

I cannot believe that there was a separate chip. Just found it. I am so confident that I have solved this problem with your help. Many, many thanks.
It is rather discrete, tucked away in the corner, black on black plastic...
You're far from the first to miss it - plenty of folks have fished their old case out of the trash after posting here. Others with less fortunate timing with trash pickup, haven't fancied trying their luck at the local dump...
Old 07-07-18, 12:38 PM   #6

Forum member "trustme" repairs key fobs with a quick turnround and reasonable price. PM him if you have problems. I have had three done by him and superb job.
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in