Intermittent non-starting 307 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-05-16, 09:33 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Intermittent non-starting 307

Hi all, wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to mine, and if you managed to get it fixed, or does anyone have suggestions of how to progress...let me explain, sorry this turned rather lengthy...

Got an 03 1.6 307 which up until couple of months ago running fine

Changed the battery in the remote. It was around this time it then began to not start. Not a flat battery as was fully turning over, not just a "tick" and nothing.
However, leave the car a random amount of time, and then it would start like nothing was ever wrong...

Breakdown service reckoned it was starter motor - got that changed - no joy still the same - mostly would start, then if left and come back to randomly would not start - it always seem to start from cold though, ie left 1+ day

Another suggestion was the key - got a new one made, all transponder coded up, and the next time it did'nt start with the main key, tried the new one - that did'nt start it either - but yet 10 mins later it started with the original key, grrrr ..

Someone mentioned the crankshaft sensor as a possible problem, although i think they'd be other running issues which i'm not experiencing

Currently just taken to an auto-electrician to run a diagnostic check on it - i await the results somewhat nervously, as have been set the expectation of a possible replacement of the entire immob/ecu/ignition coil as the best bet going forward - gulp...costs involved, more than the car is worth it seems

So does anyone have a similar experience and what was their outcome?

Many thanks in advance
Neil
dashpig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-05-16, 12:16 PM   #2

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 16-05-16, 02:00 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the info gibbo...

Crankshaft sensor allegedly has been diagnosed but not sure if they use planet -will ask...

Sorry for the non intro I don't use many forums like this...bit of a social luddite

Neil

Old 16-05-16, 02:34 PM   #4

If the battery is definitely good then another common issue would be the starter failing. Unless it's had a new starter motor recently the brushes could be worn close to being non existent or even the windings beginning to break down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-05-16, 03:10 PM   #5
Inactive User

Cheers for the suggestion. Unfortunately it's a new starter motor fitted a couple of months ago...

Just got it back and typically it didn't play up for them once, so let's see what joy befalls me at 5 30am when wanting to leave work

Neil
Old 16-05-16, 03:22 PM   #6

you need it on planet or diagbox to check live data for things like ecu unlocked engine speed when trying to start.......
Old 16-05-16, 06:35 PM   #7

I have a neighbour with this problem have tried various things and never got to the bottom of it but when hers wont start its not seeing the key but its not the keys fault

Next time it wont start turn off leave key in ignition open door the car should beep to warn key in ignition this is a good test and eliminates or proves a few possible reasons without any cost.
Old 16-05-16, 08:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
I have a neighbour with this problem have tried various things and never got to the bottom of it but when hers wont start its not seeing the key but its not the keys fault

Next time it wont start turn off leave key in ignition open door the car should beep to warn key in ignition this is a good test and eliminates or proves a few possible reasons without any cost.
Have you tried changing pick up ring that plugs in comms unit
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in