Intermittent Anti-pollution error - what next? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-18, 03:55 PM   #1

Default Intermittent Anti-pollution error - what next?

I was just after some thoughts...

We have a 2006 1.6 (110BHP) HDi Estate.

It's going really well, we've had the anti-pollution fault intermittently from day one. It ALWAYS comes on when I visit my mum, she lives in a rural area and the road is really bumpy, even when driven on very carefully.

Ironically, when I tell people about this they always suggest a good run on the motorway, this is exactly what it gets on the way to my mum's - 90 mins at 70 (ahem) mph.

We thought we'd cracked it when we realised the after-market fuel cap which had been fitted didn't have the necessary magnet to trigger the additive addition and purchased a magnet-ed replacement. However to no avail. On every occasion bar two, the anti-pollution error has disappeared within a couple of days of coming home, the first time it remained we took it to an electronics car place and it was solved by resetting. It's now happened again and I'm wondering if there's some other way we should go about it. Obviously don't want to be replacing DPF if it's nothing to do with this but speaking to people this error seems to refer to potentially quite a lot of different things - I just had the exhaust checked today and they found that 2 of the fuel injectors had come loose - all sorted now but not sure if that could have impacted anything?

Like I say - any thoughts much appreciated.

all the best,

Matt
Matt_B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-18, 06:27 PM   #2

Has it got any Elois fluid in its tank?
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-18, 06:38 PM   #3

You really need to plug it in to PP2000/Diagbox [not a generic code reader] and do live reading of state of whole DPF system to make sure it is functioning properly.
Antipollution fault is triggered by a whole host of things, anything which upsets the expected exhaust gas state and can be triggered by something as simple as bogging the car down going around a corner. Your loose injectors could well have caused it but you really need to get the DPF system checked out as failure of it can destroy your turbo.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-18, 11:30 AM   #4

I'm not certain, but I thought DEpollution messages were about the DPF system and ANTIpollution messages the cat, O2 sensors, MAF, and the like.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 09-06-18, 04:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
You really need to plug it in to PP2000/Diagbox [not a generic code reader] and do live reading of state of whole DPF system to make sure it is functioning properly.
Antipollution fault is triggered by a whole host of things, anything which upsets the expected exhaust gas state and can be triggered by something as simple as bogging the car down going around a corner. Your loose injectors could well have caused it but you really need to get the DPF system checked out as failure of it can destroy your turbo.
Thanks that's interesting - I'll see if I can find someone with the equipment to do this.

Interesting re: corners as that seems be when it is triggered - is this something that it then can't clear itself? I'm just wondering why sometimes the error goes away and other times doesn't.

Didn't realise this could affect the turbo either.
Old 09-06-18, 04:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I'm not certain, but I thought DEpollution messages were about the DPF system and ANTIpollution messages the cat, O2 sensors, MAF, and the like.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Thanks - I contact all of the three local members on here - only one got back and then after a first response didn't reply to anything so I didn't have much luck finding anyone.

Maybe this is something I should be taking to a peugeot garage? I'm just worried following some stories of people having new DPFs fitted and the fault remaining.
Old 10-06-18, 07:00 PM   #7

My advice, steer clear of the cash stealers as that is what I call the main dealers. Ok for spares over the counter but don't let their so called experts near it!
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-18, 08:43 PM   #8

Question, does your mum lives in high altitude area, vs the altitude you usually drive ?
daedric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-18, 11:48 AM   #9

Thanks. Sorry for delay - not especially high no.
Old 20-06-18, 01:10 PM   #10

Default bear with me...

Out of interest - does anyone know where the additive tank is located.

Basically I've had a long-standing rattle from the rear left of the car, been in the garage for it and I mention at every service and they can never find anything. It just stopped today and the engine light went off. Could I have a loose additive tank? I'm sure something like 'perished rubber additive tank mounting' was mentioned years ago on a service or MOT record, though can't find where this appeared so could be mistaken. Is the tank accessible to a non-mechanic? I'm assuming that something loose could be playing havoc with sensors.

It just seems odd that the rattle and the antipollution error would go off at the same time.

ALSO when I took the car to an autoelectrics place last week, he said the diagnostics showed an intermittent turbo issue which he thought was wiring - I don't drive the car much and I realised it didn't seem to be having that lurch forward I always attribute to the turbo - again, this has started happening since the light has gone off.

In the meantime the autoelectrics place got me to buy a second hand 'module' (that speaks to the ECU) that didn't seem to be working - so maybe this is on the blink (I don't know what this is but apparently it is something to do with the additive - located behind the glovebox)

I may be just joining up multiple noises and issues but just wondered if these are dots to be joined up? Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in