How to reset 307 ECU - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sterion75
  • 1 Post By matt268uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-12, 04:01 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default How to reset 307 ECU

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could help. Is anyone able to adivise me how to manually reset the ecu on 307 (2002) 2ltr hdi 90bhp back to factory settings so I can clear any logged fault codes.

Also after having new pads and discs fitted all round I now have the abs fault light comming on everyone now and then. Before pads and discs were changed I didnt have this fault light showing. Can anyone advise what may of happened before I take it back to the garage to get them to look at it. Thanking you all in advance

kind regards

Danylar
danylar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-01-12, 05:51 PM   #2

If the wiring off the abs sensor looks ok, its not been damaged, it may be swarf on the sensor itself closing the airgap between it and the wheel bearing. It could also just be coincidence a sensor has jacked in. You will need pp2000 or diagbox to clear fault codes and find which sensor is faulty. I was quoted 45 for 407 abs sensor today at peugeot, but they are on fleabay for 18.

Vick likes this.

Last edited by sterion75; 14-01-12 at 05:55 PM. Reason: quote
sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-12, 12:17 AM   #3

Hi Danylar, i'm guessing your abs fault is not an air gap that is too small,but too large,you need to connect it to pp-2000 to see which one is the offender then take the wheel off,shine a torch up behind the hub and check the sensor gap,your looking for a gap of about 1.5mm,chances are that when the new discs and pads were replaced they may have removed the sensors then when they put it all be together the gap had increased.so again take the offending wheel off,clean the brass hub ring of road grime with a rag and some carb or brake cleaner ,also clean the senson,close the air gap alittle and the fault code will clear itself.hope this helps.
sterion75 likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in