How do I remove this battery box? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-05-19, 12:25 PM   #1

Default How do I remove this battery box?

Hi have a couple of problems with my 2008 207sw 1.6 diesel I need to access my fuel filter for one which appears to need the battery out to do it and some charge problems I would like to check the earth leads. But how do I get this stupid hunk of black plastic off the damn battery?
I can’t just pull it off. It has no screws buttons or clips. I can rebuild an engine from the ground up but can’t get this bit of plastic off my car
Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
21a9ef0f-7a08-4036-8b27-0f4e5906fd8f_1558009413606.jpg  
Silverback20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-05-19, 12:42 PM   #2

On the 58 reg 207SW 1.6HDi I used to own it was possible to change the fuel filter without removing the battery, there was just enough room. Can't help with the other problem though, sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-05-19, 12:57 PM   #3

Default How do I remove this battry box?

Thanks mooi1UK I can’t actually see the filter at the moment. When my fuel ran low twice it stopped show the anti pollution fault shows for a couple of days and fresh fuel has allowed a re start and refuelling as soon as the light came on has allowed about 5000 km problem free. It was never running empty showing over 100km range but it went again last week with quarter tank left. Always on a hill or incline bend. Without computers I’d have always looked at fuel flow first so that’s where I am. I reckon water in filter or dirt is my first call I just filled up so draining tank is out for a good few miles.
Silverback20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-05-19, 07:55 AM   #4

I'd like to know the answer to the battery cover as well. I think I might need to replace the battery before the next winter and blowed if I can see how to remove it.
Old 17-05-19, 11:09 AM   #5

You will probably need to remove the windscreen scuttle after undoing and putting to one side the brake fluid reservoir. The battery cover then just pulls up with a bit of force. You will also need to remove the air intake ducting as the filter is at the back under that (try that first before removing the battery - will be too tight probably).
Eccles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-19, 12:04 PM   #6

You need to remove the air filter housing.

Then it just comes up and towards you.

This should be documented in the Haynes manual.
Old 17-05-19, 12:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
You need to remove the air filter housing.

Then it just comes up and towards you.

This should be documented in the Haynes manual.
The back end doesn't seem to have enough headroom to lift over the battery. Nothing to do with the air filter housing.
Old 17-05-19, 01:07 PM   #8

Just for clarification, is this a 207 or a 307 as you've posted in the 307 forum? Not that it make much difference, still need to remove the scuttle and cross-member from under the windscreen to get the battery cover off.
Eccles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-19, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
Just for clarification, is this a 207 or a 307 as you've posted in the 307 forum? Not that it make much difference, still need to remove the scuttle and cross-member from under the windscreen to get the battery cover off.
Good point, I answered assuming it was a 207 SW but I don't remember having to remove parts on my 207 SW to access the fuel filter, so maybe it is a 307

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-19, 01:26 PM   #10

Mine's definitel6y a 307, I can't vouch for the OP. I didn't notice the 207 reference until you mentioned it. It seems a heck of a faff just to change the battery. Perhaps I'll get Halfords to do it
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in