How do I bleed roof hydraulics - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-18, 09:32 PM   #1

Default How do I bleed roof hydraulics

My roof stopped halfway down and comes up with the message roof movement incomplete ( or words to that effect ) and roof mechanism faulty.
I managed to manually close the roof and I found that one of the rams near the window has been leaking badly.
I have replaced the ram and emptied and refilled the pump with new hydraulic fluid. However I still get the same messages and the nothing happens when I operate the switch.
Does the roof bleed automatically or is there a technique that I haven't found on the internet.
I have looked on diabox but there does not appear to be any reset option. The fault code refuses to delete.
Tomorrow my brother is coming over to help me manually open and close the roof again hoping that will reset the roof.
I have closed it manually with the Allen key in the roof. It seems to close the roof but it does not lock the two catches in the sides of the boot. I think this night be the key to the roof movement incomplete message.
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated .
Nigel517 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-18, 09:41 PM   #2

Yes that is your issue push the front edges of the boot down till they click fully then it should work electrically the hydraulics are 2 way rams so are self bleeding it will make a bit of noise but it should still work after boot closes fully.

Remember you need the screen closed in the boot too.
Old 01-08-18, 10:08 PM   #3

Yes thanks for your comments. Unfortunately no matter what I do those side locks do not lock. When I close the roof and open it manually the boot edges simply push up. I can push them back down but they don't ever lock. I have checked and they are fully seated. The rear boot liner is in position .

Old 01-08-18, 10:10 PM   #4

The rear shelves caught and broke presumably when the ram failed. I have another one to fit tomorrow, maybe that's got something to do with it.
Old 02-08-18, 04:23 PM   #5

you can close the catches if you open the boot properly then you can see the catches you need to be a bit mechanically minded to understand what needs done though

Shelf will affect the overall function but it wont stop the boot closing.

Are the 2 flaps fully wound in.
Old 03-08-18, 06:22 AM   #6

Thanks again for your replies .
Well I managed after several hours of head scratching to get the boot to lock. Basically one of the cables that runs to the base of a strut at the very back of the car was for some reason to tight and was preventing the boot lock from closing . This sorted the roof operation not completed warning and that can beeping every minute or so has gone.

I am still getting the faulty roof warning and nothing at all happens when I pressed or pull the switch other than the roof faulty warning.
I've still not re affix the shelf , I don't want to risk it getting damaged again until I know everything else is working. There does not seem to be any sensors that would stop the roof working on that mechanism. One thing that I have noticed is that even though I turn the Allen key to release the pressure on the pump the last 2 inches where you push the boot down into the locks mentioned above ( those that were not locking ) is extremely difficult . It doesn't just push down easily like in that excellent AA you tube video. You really spend several minutes jiggling it about to get it to locate into the lock . Once half way into the lock it then pushes down easily .
Old 03-08-18, 04:01 PM   #7

Something is still not back in its rest position unfortunately there are various possible reasons and its hard to explain some of them

Doing a manual drop and close again may be worthwhile.

I have never really had any hard issue on these the common issues are sticky catches on the front edge the wedges that lock the sides i believe these attach to the cable you mentioned and the rear window not dropping in properly.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in