HID kits for 307 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-11, 11:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default HID kits for 307

Im wondering what scale of kelvin colour is the best for 307? some say 6k some 8k.

And are they road legal? As my mates have them like very bright and theyve been using it for like years now.

Gimme explanations please!
Thanks vey much!
Torero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-09-11, 09:58 AM   #2
Inactive User

I had 10k bulbs on my old gold peugeot 307, they looked really nice and i had them with projector headlights the halo ring ones so they didnt dazzle anyone, infact i was a little bit upset that they where so hidden because all you could see was a small blue coloured lense, however the color of the road as you are driving was really nice. for as long as i know they are road legal, i know alot of people have them but i never had the car long enough to get it an mot when i had them but ive heard that they will pass if they are fitted right, i got mine fitted for about 40 quid and they were very secure. the light is slightly blue but not enough to be able to tell its more a hazey white with slight blue tinge, sort of the same color as the mercs and bmws that have hids with projectors today. i now have another peugeot 307 and when i have money i will deffinately be investing in some new hids!
Jonnykirby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-09-11, 01:38 PM   #3
Inactive User

No drop-in HID kit is legal regardless of colour temp. Even tho the beam pattern may be acceptable, lack of automatic levelling makes it an MoT fail.

On colour, most factory HIDs are 4300k. Once you go above 6000k you're certainly losing useful light...
dpmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-09-11, 01:42 PM   #4
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmiller View Post
No drop-in HID kit is legal regardless of colour temp. Even tho the beam pattern may be acceptable, lack of automatic levelling makes it an MoT fail.

On colour, most factory HIDs are 4300k. Once you go above 6000k you're certainly losing useful light...
Is that European law of just uk?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-09-11, 02:47 PM   #5
Inactive User

ever seen factory HID *without* autolevellers?
Old 26-09-11, 01:10 AM   #6

ive 8k in mine and they do a good job but i do have a set of 6k that was give to me so i must try them out and see how they look
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-09-11, 10:22 PM   #7
Inactive User

I spoke to the guy (mechanic) who fitted the HID's he said it is MOT acceptable as long as it wont go up 8k as 10k gives you purpleish colour and that is eye catching for the police, 8k is still white with a hint of blue tinge and he just need to re adjust my bulb place to keep it down so it wont be on the drivers faces passing me by.

But i really like my HID's they're lovely! very bright!
Old 27-09-11, 12:00 AM   #8

Get the HIDS in and you will never go back to normal bulbs trust me!
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-09-11, 12:15 AM   #9
Inactive User

Yea, i have 8k 55watts HID bulbs installed in my car, I was just wondering if they are road legal as they are very bright and every ar passes my they flashes their lights as well meaning they are blinded lol. police might stop me for that?
Old 27-09-11, 06:53 AM   #10
Inactive User

Not legal. Simples!

edit: in full disclosure, I run 4300k lamps in our 307; it's a later one with projectors so cutoff is good. I couldn't speak for earlier models tho...

Last edited by dpmiller; 27-09-11 at 06:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in