Hey Guys! A Little help with RHR boost pipe please? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-16, 10:41 AM   #1

Default Hey Guys! A Little help with RHR boost pipe please?

Good morning

here's todays quandry:
so i was driving home from work and something hit the underneath of my car and then the turbo started getting noisy, my first thought was that something had hit the lower boost pipe and knocked it out of place?
the symptoms are,
not much boost
wind rushing sound (like driving through a tunnel quickly with the windows open)
a fair amount of smoke under heavy acceleration (which has never happened before)
now its clear the turbo is spooling as the wind rush sound changes with the revs, but it doesn't give anywhere near as much push as it did before

I got home and checked the VNT wasn't in limp and dumping all boost out the exhaust by closing the vanes and keeping the wastegate under vacuum while revving the engine in stationary.
This didn't help at all as the wind rushing noise had stopped completely doing this and there was no smoke but also still no boost.Almost as if the engine wasn't being fooled by my attempt.

Any ideas?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
MightyMision is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-05-16, 11:23 AM   #2

Sounds like a damaged hose of similar, you should get boost even when stationary if someone holds revs around 2.5K.

Or you need to just inspect all hoses and pipes etc for splits/cracks may also be worth checking intercooler for damage
Old 21-05-16, 03:27 PM   #3

Yes I thought that it should still boost if revved when stationary but it doesn't, and I can't see why it wouldnt if the vanes are closed...

The intercooler does seem the most likely culprit due to stone chips etc, I've looked over everything else and it all appears ok

I've just had an epiphany, the gauge on the vacuum pump went right up when revving... I must have connected the pump to the wrong end of the solenoid!

I'm so sorry, it was a rushed attempt after 14 hours at work yesterday..this would explain why the vacuum went right up when i revved the engine...what a fool...I'll go try connecting the right hose this time.

Old 21-05-16, 06:32 PM   #4

Do you have PP? I can suggest some live data checks if so.

The smoke might suggest more than a vacuum hose but if it's gone now - maybe not.
lorddevereux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-05-16, 07:18 PM   #5

Thank you for replying!

I was at my wits end with this car and its seemingly endless problems.

I do have PP but i'm not really sure with the live readings side of it as it may well be my genuine fake ebay cable, but it just doesn't want to read some of the live data at all.

Normally i just go into the error codes and keep bumbling around until i've found the issue, though of course this site has an amazing wealth of collective knowledge on offer.

As it turns out, the boost pipe that sits under the main one going into the inlet had a split down it, so its now boosting again and replacement pipes are on order.

The smoke i assume was more the air/fuel ratio being out.

For my next installment of peugeot flavoured fun,i will be doing a parody of changing the wishbones and ball joints bright and early tomorrow!

Thanks for the help guys. i do appreciate it.

Last edited by MightyMision; 21-05-16 at 07:21 PM.
Old 21-05-16, 07:30 PM   #6

I look forward to the TV series appearing on Quest, Tuesday nights 8pm after Wheeler Dealers
MightyMision likes this.
Old 21-05-16, 07:43 PM   #7

Let us know how you get on with the ball joints, it's on my to do list. I've got a 40mm deep impact socket, hopefully that's the right size for them. Knowing my luck, they'll be 41mm....
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-05-16, 09:35 PM   #8
Inactive User

Bad news the ball joint needs 41mm.
Robapotamout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-05-16, 09:36 PM   #9

you know, i read up earlier that it is 41mm, sorry fella! i had a half assed attempt earlier and couldn't even seperate the ball joint from the wishbone, much less get the offside front bolt out without taking out the drive shaft right above it...

I'm hoping the inner rubbers on the wishbone have gone and not the ball joint as it appears to be a job for a hefty impact driver and deep impact socket (neither of which do i have or have access too).
Old 21-05-16, 09:58 PM   #10
Inactive User

To be honest you are better off removing the hub and putting it in a well secured vice using a breaker bar and if it is as stiff as mine were, you will need a scaffold bar as well it is a pig of a job without the tools.
Robapotamout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in