Peugeot Forums banner

here we go more probs.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  goofy gorilla 
#1 ·
:mad: ..ok here we go more problems seem to be on the horizon..my pug 307 1.6hdi...has started to make a scratching kind of noise when i press the cluch in 3rd and 4th gear...its not a long kind of noise just a noise like when you quickly scratch a wooden desk..this happen only in those gears, ...drives fine, goes into gears fine as well, heard about the dreaded dual mass flywheel/clutch problems with these..is this a sign of it ?..cheers

#2 · (Edited)
I wouldn't have thought the clutch would be the problem as that operates in all gears and at all revs. I'd be looking at the linkage from the gear stick first of all or the clutch pedal and onwards from there - it may be that you apply the clutch very slightly differently when changing in these gears.

#3 ·
PureJoe said:
I wouldn't have thought the clutch would be the problem as that operates in all gears and at all revs. I'd be looking at the linkage from the gear stick first of all or the clutch pedal and onwards from there - it may be that you apply the clutch very slightly differently when changing in these gears.
chers will have a look later when the weather gets warmer..seems like an ice age is coming...:thumb:

#4 ·
ok had a look, but really didnt know what i was looking for to be honest....seems like it might be coming from near the clutcg pedal area...ive also noticed that this noise also comes when i go over a slight unevenness in the road, or a little bump etc...a few times i noticed that when im turning a corner or going round a bend the noise is there...like i said, i have no problems in engaging the gears, gears are smooth and clutch doesnt slip or anything.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.