Help reverse light rubbish - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-14, 04:27 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Help reverse light rubbish

Hi all ive had my car for 5 years now apart from some electrical peroblems runs great .
The reverse light is terrible because of the color of the lens .has little clear holes but the white light is dire . is there anyway to make the lens clear from the inside cant see a thing when in reverse 307 sw 2006 .really bad design .

Cheers ken
ken68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-14, 10:22 PM   #2

My o4 plate hatch is very similar. I get little illumination from the reversing light. The restyle hatch was fitted with better rear lamp clusters than the originals so I suspect the same would hold for the SW's. The only suggestion I could think of would be after market lamp clusters but some insurance companies like to charge extra on the premium as they supposedly make the car more likely to be stolen or vandalised.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-14, 11:47 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default reverse light

Thanks . My nephew reckons these would make it a bit brighter???

http://bit.ly/KchqFu

Cheers ken

Old 13-01-14, 07:40 AM   #4
Stubbo

I tried LED's in my reverse light a while back

Even the canbus error free ones gave off a dim glow when not in use so I had to swap them back out

That being said they were ebay cheapies so the chance of them being proper canbus error free ones is slim!

plus led bulbs like that tend to direct the light around the sides rather than straight out of the back, so it wasn't any brighter than a normal bulb for me!
ken68 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-14, 07:58 AM   #5
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken68 View Post
Hi all ive had my car for 5 years now apart from some electrical peroblems runs great .
The reverse light is terrible because of the color of the lens .has little clear holes but the white light is dire . is there anyway to make the lens clear from the inside cant see a thing when in reverse 307 sw 2006 .really bad design .

Cheers ken
I assume with you have a 2006 model you already have the redesigned rear lights? If so do they just need a scrubbing somewhere? I recently changed my standard 2002 version brake lights for the refurb version and thought they were 10 times brighter.
Old 13-01-14, 08:03 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1vatepiles View Post
I assume with you have a 2006 model you already have the redesigned rear lights? If so do they just need a scrubbing somewhere? I recently changed my standard 2002 version brake lights for the refurb version and thought they were 10 times brighter.
No its a 307sw with a crappy reverse light worst ive seen on a car clean and grim fee just a bad design
Ken
Old 13-01-14, 08:06 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbo View Post
I tried LED's in my reverse light a while back

Even the canbus error free ones gave off a dim glow when not in use so I had to swap them back out

That being said they were ebay cheapies so the chance of them being proper canbus error free ones is slim!

plus led bulbs like that tend to direct the light around the sides rather than straight out of the back, so it wasn't any brighter than a normal bulb for me!
Cheers stubbo i thought it would be a lost cause terrible design for a reverse light ???? Mustt have been drunk when they drew the plan up for this one
Ken
Old 13-01-14, 08:13 AM   #8

I always thought the reversing light was just an indicator for people behind you, not to illuminate what's behind you.
Old 13-01-14, 08:26 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I always thought the reversing light was just an indicator for people behind you, not to illuminate what's behind you.
your right gibbo but helps in bad lit areas . But its so dull no one knows your reversing ?? Real bad .
When reverse off my drive at night cant see a thing .past cars have the white light which is great for reverse parking at night .but not this light ive had to use break lights to make sure how far i am away from things . Just very poor .even comments people say your reverse light is broken . Never get flashed out from parking in places like morrisons because they dont know its on reverse lol . Pants all round
Ken
Old 13-01-14, 08:38 AM   #10
pr1vatepiles

Not best picture in world, but which style you got:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in