Help please! 307 (53 plate) new battery idle problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-11-11, 07:24 PM   #1
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Unhappy Help please! 307 (53 plate) new battery idle problems

Hi - this is my first post so please go gently. I have a 53 plate 307 HDi with 90 horse power. I had new diesel plugs and a new battery because of poor starting three weeks ago. Since then it has idled really badly. I've taken it back to the local garage that did the work and they said it'll take 3 weeks for the ECU to learn how to work again. I've driven it through the rev range over the weeks but it still idles with a really dirty noise and is using loads of diesel. Should I try and disconnect the battery again or is there something else wrong? Could they have used the wrong plugs? Any longterm damage? Please help?
21897gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 30-11-11, 07:39 PM   #2
Member
 
danrkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 70
Default

You need to get it to a Peugeot specialist to have the fault codes read by the Planet software that the franchised dealers use. Simple as that. Where are you based?
danrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-11-11, 07:47 PM   #3
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks - shouldn't the garage that did the work do this and/or take responsibility for doing this?
21897gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 30-11-11, 08:25 PM   #4
davidireland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21897gerardo View Post
Hi - this is my first post so please go gently. I have a 53 plate 307 HDi with 90 horse power. I had new diesel plugs and a new battery because of poor starting three weeks ago. Since then it has idled really badly. I've taken it back to the local garage that did the work and they said it'll take 3 weeks for the ECU to learn how to work again. I've driven it through the rev range over the weeks but it still idles with a really dirty noise and is using loads of diesel. Should I try and disconnect the battery again or is there something else wrong? Could they have used the wrong plugs? Any longterm damage? Please help?
What absolute lies! my guess is they disconnected the battery too quickly before all the networks went to sleep (three minute rule)
If this is done you'll get driveability problems etc.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-11-11, 09:51 PM   #5
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
What absolute lies! my guess is they disconnected the battery too quickly before all the networks went to sleep (three minute rule)
If this is done you'll get driveability problems etc.
Thanks for that. So what do you suggest. I think I'll take it back and get them to sort it. Is it repairable or will they need to involve Peugeot?
21897gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-11, 11:31 AM   #6
Member
 
danrkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 70
Default

Two good reasons for taking your car to a Peugeot/Citroen specialist:

1) There would know the 3 min battery rule https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ute-rule-5228/
2) They will have the correct console and software to read the cars ECU fault codes.

Taking it to Peugeot will cost you a fortune but get a quote from them then balance the cost off against travelling to an independant specialist.
danrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-11, 01:44 PM   #7
jmkent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And its for instances like this that I tend to stick the dealer.... some may say I'm stupid for doing so, but the dealers know the car better than anyone else, and have all the tools to get it fixed properly, and normally a lot quicker than the independents do
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-11, 03:10 PM   #8
Stubbo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
but the dealers know the car better than anyone else
Apart from us on here you mean
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-11, 06:38 PM   #9
jmkent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbo View Post
Apart from us on here you mean
Goes without saying

I meant dealers compared to independents
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.