Help- no power!!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-11, 04:52 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Help- no power!!!!

I am getting desperate- 420 and two different mecahnics still my car is not fixed.

I have a 307 XSi HDi 136- about 2 or 3 weeks ago it started to develop a hesitation on acceleration. This has steadily worsened- at about 2000 revs when the turbo is meant to kick in, it doesnt- eventaully it does but it is surging. After about 5 mins of driving the car goes into limp mode.

I took it to a mechanic originally who plugged it in and it came back with P2562 code. I took it to another mechanic and he also plugged it in- on tp of the P2562 code it also showed 2 EGR codes.

So I have fitted a new EGR valve that made no difference.
It has had the turbo pressure sensor replaced, the vacuum checked and the MAP sensore replaced but to no avail.

I have been told that the turbo is overboosting causing the fault- instead of boosting at 1054mb it isboosting at 1500, causing ot to shut down and go into limp mode.

Can anyone please shed some light on what is causing this- it is making me fall out of love with my 307.

Thanks
Ajek37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-11-11, 05:10 PM   #2
Inactive User

Overboosting is *usually* down to the wastegate being stuck
danthevan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-11, 07:06 PM   #3

ive never had a play about with these setups yet! but are they the 16valve HDi engine, anyhow what i would do is check your vac pipes that are not round the wrong way yes it does happen ive seen this and if am honest ive done it myself, as for wastgate being stuck i would think that would be down to the valves along the bottom of the engine try them first also have a look at the planet owners on here and see whos near you as they would be better help as for putting it on the computer
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-11-11, 08:32 PM   #4
Inactive User

Yes, this is the 16v engine. I am guessing it isnt the hoses as it has been running great for the past 18 months, and no one has been near the turbo in that time.
Old 16-11-11, 09:27 PM   #5

i thought it was the 16valve verson, and what i mean is on your turbo pressure sensor theres two pipes and they can be easy put on the wrong way, i dont mean the turbo its self, i send you a pm there and will be more that happy to get down and have a look round the engine and bring the computer with me
Old 17-11-11, 03:45 PM   #6

i put the car on the daig for him and would it be safe to say the sensor is duff check out the screen shots,

this is my thought about the sensor even if its not working fully there should be at least something more than -77% on the postion?? maybe am wrong here
but i think it might be unplugged i will be getting the car to have a check at the sensor and make sure its all plugged in ect

failing that would anyone agree with ordering a new sensor and that would bring back the turbo?
Attached Thumbnails
alans-2.0-136-hdi-fault.jpg   alans-2.0-136-hdi-fault-2.jpg  
Old 17-11-11, 10:22 PM   #7
Inactive User

Well, I have a new sensor ordered from Charlie Hurst- going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Princely sum of 141 + vat. Fingers crossed this will do the job.
Old 18-11-11, 07:46 AM   #8
Inactive User

afm looks like it's giving a dodgy reading too
danthevan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-12, 09:44 AM   #9
Inactive User

Did the new sensor sort this issue ?
buaan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in