Peugeot Forums banner

Help help help power steering not working

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gibbo 
#1 ·
After purchasing a used Peugeot 307 around 7 weeks ago, I've had ongoing problems with the power steering. For
Around the first 3 weeks the steering was fine until 1 day the power steering was cutting out and not working sometimes then it would lock so if it was locked I would take the fuse out then put it back in and it would release . I took it too garage and mechanic said it was a fault the electrics had too be reset too waking it up, it then lasted 5 days and the same thing happend again so I took it back too garage examined the situation and he basically done the same thing that lasted 1 day , the fluid level is fine also , Has anyone else experienced this or can advise me on what could be wrong? Is it anything too do with 70 amp fuse ? Thanks

#2 ·
Overfill the PS fluid beyond the MAX mark.

Check and replace your battery, perform a BSI reset.

Take off the front OS wheel and wheel arch liner to get access to the PS pump and clean the two electrical connectors going to the pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.