Help 1.4 HDi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-01-14, 09:15 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Help 1.4 HDi

Hi Guys

I'm new to this forum and i must stress its a remarkable site with huge level of
community spirit.

Peugeot 307 1.4 HDI
Year: 2003
Mileage: roughly just slightly over 100k

Problem: struggling to go beyond the 70mph barrier. Can get it passed 70mph
however it is abit of a huge struggle, really have to press on hard in 4th gear and then in 5th gear.

From what i can describe about this car it is excellently well maintained and gets serviced every 7-8k miles and that includes a full service. Oil, air, fuel, pollen.

Ive also had the EGR valve cleaned using wyns egr cleaner and have cleaned the air intake system. This has helped abit and by pressing on hard on the accelertor, i can now get it close to 80mph.

from 0-70 mph it goes with ease, after the 70mph thats when you feel the pain.

Guys, would really appreciate everyone input. I'm really am banging my head against the wall, just dont know what other steps to take to get the car working properly.

Thanks

Adam
adam.007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-01-14, 09:45 PM   #2

It wasn't like this before?

You do know it's a 68bhp?

Have you tried an air flow meter?

Or a remap?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-01-14, 10:10 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default help 1.4 HDI

Hi

Thanks, Bettyswollocks for your reply, appreciate it.

I do not really know whether it was like this before. i use to only drive it locally so have not really experimented on the motorway until fairly recently, couple of days when i have noticed that the struggle occurs after the 70mph barrier.

What sort of speed can i achieve without having to really bury my right foot to the floor?

I don't really know much about cars apart from servicing, apologies if i come across abit vague and useless in explaining.

Also i was not 100% sure of how to use the wyns egr cleaner. I had sprayed the whole content of the bottle in small burst after the airflow meter into the rubber pipe that also connects to the turbo. did i spray it into the right area, also was that the air flow system where i had sprayed the whole bottle into?

Currently the car is not remapped, i am thinking about this, probably have it done in the summer.

Betty, do you own a 307 1.4 hdi and if so how did yours drive and what sort of speed could you easily achieve, (without the remap).Also what sort of mpg can be easily achieved.

how can i test the air flow meter to see if this is what is causing the problem at top end?

Thanks

Adam

Old 29-01-14, 10:18 PM   #4

Just unplug airflow meter , if it drives more underpowered then it's working ,
If no difference then it's not ,

Try a bottle of redex in the tank aswell

bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-01-14, 07:09 AM   #5

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/
Old 30-01-14, 12:27 PM   #6
pr1vatepiles

I've heard a few chaps saying that they got better performance from cleaning the plug on the accelerator cable. Could be worth a try.

But the important thing here is why your worrying to much. Speed limit 70 isnt it
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-01-14, 03:53 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default Help 1.4 HDi

Hi

Thank you for your replies

Ive had the car hooked onto Peugeot planet 2000. Live test has been carried out along with other various things, also there is no fault codes showing. As far as the diagnostics are concerned everything is fine.... hmmm

Ive also had thrown in forte diesel treatment and unfortunately that has not cured the problem.

Betty, ive took on what you have suggested on board and have unplugged the air flow meter and yes that is fine, the car runs lumpy and extremely slow by unplugging the MAF.

Now back to the drawing board.... cannot figure out what is causing the restriction at the top end. As mentioned before 0-70 mph, its a doddle, it goes with ease, after 70mph its struggling.

Has anyone owned or does own a 307 1.4 HDi? if so what sort of speed can they easily achieve (without remap)?

Ps: has anyone ever used wyns or valvoline EGR cleaner & if so would they recommend others using the product, is it a safe product to use by spraying into the air intake system?

Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Adam
Old 30-01-14, 08:03 PM   #8
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.007 View Post
Hi

Thank you for your replies

Ive had the car hooked onto Peugeot planet 2000. Live test has been carried out along with other various things, also there is no fault codes showing. As far as the diagnostics are concerned everything is fine.... hmmm

Ive also had thrown in forte diesel treatment and unfortunately that has not cured the problem.

Betty, ive took on what you have suggested on board and have unplugged the air flow meter and yes that is fine, the car runs lumpy and extremely slow by unplugging the MAF.

Now back to the drawing board.... cannot figure out what is causing the restriction at the top end. As mentioned before 0-70 mph, its a doddle, it goes with ease, after 70mph its struggling.

Has anyone owned or does own a 307 1.4 HDi? if so what sort of speed can they easily achieve (without remap)?

Ps: has anyone ever used wyns or valvoline EGR cleaner & if so would they recommend others using the product, is it a safe product to use by spraying into the air intake system?

Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated

Thank

Adam
wynns egr3 cleaner is highly recommended. Cleaned a load of crap out of my car and was a massively noticeable difference. Spray 2 second blast with car running into air intake (take maf off first!) and use the whole can. Then rev it as instructed to suck it all through. In my case i had a big puddle of it in the pipe, third rev it, rev's went mental, sucked the leftovers through and left a huge 5mm thick puddle of gunk out of back. For a tenner, give it a go.

---

Note, i saw through planet readings my egr was stuck open and the cleaner sorted this out. As you say your living readings look ok, it may not make much diff. Still only a tenner, not worst thing to waste.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-01-14, 07:26 AM   #9

You need to go back to Planet and read the live data, maybe even with someone monitoring while you drive.
Old 31-01-14, 07:00 PM   #10

Does the car rev freely through the gears accelerating until it gets to 70?

m_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in