grrrrr please help !!!!!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-12, 06:25 AM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation grrrrr please help !!!!!!!

ok hi guys !! i have a pug 307 hdi 2:0l 54 plate ( 2004 ) and i have replaced the injector leak off pipes and starter motor as i thought it could be this problem !!!

however this morning the wife tried to start the car car it cranks the engine but would not start the car went into economy mode active then the car started !!

could this be a immobilser problem and can it be reset on pp and see if this could sort the starting problem ????

please please helpppp wife doing my head in !!! lol
johnboy2124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-12, 10:31 AM   #2
Inactive User

economy mode just means the battery voltage is low. I'd expect an Immo alert of some kind if it was key-related, but others might have other experiences...
dpmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-12, 11:32 AM   #3
Inactive User

does it start like this all the time? ie cranks until eco mode then starts?

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-12, 05:01 PM   #4
Inactive User

Exclamation

no !! i have now found out why it would not start !!!!!! wait for it !!! i brought a new key fob and swap everything over !!! apart from >>>>> you guest it the little chip !! !! lol easy mistake i know !!

however as to your question no does not always goes into econ mode ! it just take a few turns to fire up then a puff of white smoke out of exhaust ! then will start no problem then though out the day until the next morning !

i have replaced the start motor , injector leak off pipes , and had the battery checked out came up as 63% and good battery tested from ATS , glow plugs are all producing a readings the same 12.51 volts

so don't really know what else it can be for making it start like this in the mornings !

any ideas all welcome !!
Old 10-01-12, 08:33 PM   #5
Inactive User

reading the voltage at the individual glowplugs is pointless. A current or resistance check is required.

Did we ever confirm that the fuel filter was good and the lift pump working correctly?
dpmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-12, 05:48 AM   #6
Inactive User

Exclamation

hi, the fuel pump is working fine we can hear it every time we start the car ! ? also my mate came last with pp2000 and found out that there is no fault on the system !! phew !! but injector number 4 was reading about 2.00 and the others were all reading minus ! > but couple of guys have said if there's no fault on pp then don't worry about the injectors ! ? im just thinking is it that whats making it start a little bad in the mornings !! i have put some diesel magic in the system now so just waiting for this stuff to work !!!! dont know how long it takes to work !! do you ???
Old 11-01-12, 08:47 AM   #7
Stubbo

No offence here but mine has been like that for well over a year now (loads better in summer/warmer temp though)

Given that it eventually fires, and has no ill effect on the car, is it really worth chasing the problem and spending more money on??

The only side effect i have is that if it cranks a bit too long it will for some reason say the passenger airbag is off, random but it doesnt bother me!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in