Given up on the 307 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-06-16, 10:52 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Given up on the 307

Well, after getting advice from my usual garage about my 307 HDi XSi 136 and it's ongoing 'cutting out' issue, they suggested that as it has something like 8 fault codes coming up on the ECU, to take it back to the dealer I bought it from and get a refund or exchange it for something else.

Given the issues I've had with it, I'm inclined to agree. The main cutting out fault, they have diagnosed as the Crank Sensor.

Anyway, thanks to all for their advice. If anyone is interested and depending on what type of car I get, I may have a Pug Planet up for sale
PugAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-06-16, 12:07 PM   #2

Not good, but at least you've got the option to give it back and get a refund.

What's the overall state of the car - year, mileage, service history?
Old 24-06-16, 12:10 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post

Well, it's ok I guess... 2006, 110k, service history, supposed to be full but yet to receive from dealer. Not happy with them to be fair. Not sure if I will get a refund or another car yet.

The problem is I really like the car as it's well equipped and fun to drive. Just can't be dealing with all these issues with it.

Old 24-06-16, 12:12 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post

Incidentally, two cars which they have as possible replacements are a 307 1.6HDi SE and a Megane 1.4 Dynamique 16v Petrol. After the issues with the pug, I'm semi tempted to go for the Megane :/
Old 24-06-16, 12:28 PM   #5

I'm the oppsite - bought a Renault Laguna and had loads of issues with it. It would have cost more to get right than to replace. Went and had a look at a couple of used Renaults - Meganne and a Scenic but wasn't impressed with either and ended up buying my first Peugeot. Now on my 3rd Peugeot and reckon my next car will also be a Peugeot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-06-16, 12:43 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
I'm the oppsite - bought a Renault Laguna and had loads of issues with it. It would have cost more to get right than to replace. Went and had a look at a couple of used Renaults - Meganne and a Scenic but wasn't impressed with either and ended up buying my first Peugeot. Now on my 3rd Peugeot and reckon my next car will also be a Peugeot.
I do like the look of the 307 and it drives really well. It's just a shame about the problem I've had with it. Sorry to hear about the Renault problems. I just need to get a car sorted so I can get back on the road again
Old 24-06-16, 05:02 PM   #7

I am a renault fan have 3 clios and 2 espaces but i would not go near a megane !!

The peugeot is the better car although i dont particularly like 307s either

The 8 fault codes are probably all related some will be because it cut out rather than The cause.

If given the full info the people on here would get to the bottom of the problem where on the renault forums you find less real knowledge and much more guesswork.

Crank sensor fault could also be the wiring TO the crank sensor it wears on the back of the block.

Last edited by reliable406; 24-06-16 at 05:07 PM.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-06-16, 05:35 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
I am a renault fan have 3 clios and 2 espaces but i would not go near a megane !!

The peugeot is the better car although i dont particularly like 307s either

The 8 fault codes are probably all related some will be because it cut out rather than The cause.

If given the full info the people on here would get to the bottom of the problem where on the renault forums you find less real knowledge and much more guesswork.

Crank sensor fault could also be the wiring TO the crank sensor it wears on the back of the block.
Well, before I take it back, I may plug Planet into it for one last time and post the results on here. Would be interesting to get other's takes on it.

It's just a pain in the ass for a car that should have been ok when it came from the dealer. I am a bit concerned that the replacement car I get won't be much better
Old 24-06-16, 06:33 PM   #9

It seems the hdi 136 are beset with problems for whatever reasons,shame really as i've had a few hdi 90's that were far easier to work with!

There has been a few times in the year i've owned a 307 136 where i seriously considered going back to 306's.

I've even toyed with the idea of putting the 136 engine and box into a 306 donor, as the car is economical and fun to drive When it's working right.

Putting the codes up on here for the community to help you with is probably the best bet before sacking the car off for another marque with another set of problems!
MightyMision is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-06-16, 10:26 AM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMision View Post
It seems the hdi 136 are beset with problems for whatever reasons,shame really as i've had a few hdi 90's that were far easier to work with!

There has been a few times in the year i've owned a 307 136 where i seriously considered going back to 306's.

I've even toyed with the idea of putting the 136 engine and box into a 306 donor, as the car is economical and fun to drive When it's working right.

Putting the codes up on here for the community to help you with is probably the best bet before sacking the car off for another marque with another set of problems!
Well, I have paid to have the crank sensor done as there were codes indicated that was a problem.

As for the codes that are left...

P1693
U2001
P0460
P0704
P0102
P0113
P0495

(I think my car is collecting codes lol) Now runs beautifully though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in