Frequent regeneration - 307 2.0 110HP 2002 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-18, 10:06 PM   #1

Default Frequent regeneration - 307 2.0 110HP 2002

Hi all.
As suggested I create a new thread for my issue. I hope anyone can help me.
[Peugeot 307 2002 - 2.0L 110HP (engine RHS / Bosch EDC15C2)]
Short background: I got a clogged DPF with 120km regeneration cycles (after 150.000 km) so I decided to replace it with an aftermarket one. But it was even worse, since the filter length was 1/3 of the original one, and regenerated even more frequently. After all, I had the original filter cleaned, and refilled the additive reservoir. After 8-900km I had the first regeneration but the next one came after 120km again. I diagnosed the car with PP2000, the only fault was:
"Permanent fault. Additive quantity. Fuel additive low level reached"

Of course it is wrong, I just topped it up. As I understood the Bosch EDC15C2 manual, it has a built in fluid sensor in the additive pump (I did not find any option to reset the reservoir counter in PP2000, only the DPF counter). Could it go wrong? Does it still pump additive into the fuel tank? If not, I suppose that is the root cause of the frequent regeneration. Otherwise nothing comes to my mind.

I received the idea in the other thread to reset the counter, but as I remember I did not find the option in PP2000, and the menu was not the same as in the "How to reset DPF..." guideline posted in this forum. I will double check it tomorrow though! In case I need to reset this counter as well, then what is the meaning of the additive level sensor?

Thank you for any help.
LionKing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-01-18, 03:08 PM   #2

Hello again.
Based on the Bosch EDC 15 C2 manual it has a low level sensor integrated in the additive pump. Today I tried to measure the resistance on the 1 and 2 pin, but it was showing discontinuity. I assume it should have shown some Ohm-s. Does anybody know what it the resistance of the thermistor in wet environment? I have already read 1.6 kOhm, but a confirmation would be beneficial.
By the way I looked at the Additive ECU again, but there is no option to reset the reservoir counter.
Old 13-01-18, 03:17 PM   #3

There s no level sensor just 2 counters to reset

Old 13-01-18, 03:59 PM   #4

Thank you for the quick hint, but I do not find any option to reset the reservoir counter. I see youtube videos where they have five sub-menus in Configuration (Additive ECU), but refilling or resetting reservoir is simply not there in my pp2000. And why are the four pins on the additive tank, and why do I find this level sensor in Bosch manual and in Autodata as well? Please teach me! If it helps, I can record my tryings in PP2000.
(I just realized that I used 5 digits DAM in PP (09121) instead of four (9121) - I hope that did not screw anything).
Old 20-01-18, 01:55 PM   #5

Hello all,

Today I managed to measure some parameters and record a regeneration. First thing that I realized is that the total quantity of additive has raised by 1 gr just after I put 45 liters fuel in the tank. So the pump seems to work despite the faulty code (that does not appear on the dashboard only in pp2000!).
Regarding the regeneration, I would highlight the following data:

Just before regen.:
1700 rpm - 80 kph - ~100 mbar

Just after regen.:
1700 rpm - 80 kph - ~60 mbar
2600 rpm - 121 kph - ~150 mbar

For me, it does not seem to be a proper cleaning. Do you have pressure difference reading for reference? I have not really found useful data yet. Could it go wrong, if the mechanic put accidentally Eolys 176 instead of Eolys DPX 42 in the additive tank? I ran out of ideas... Thank you for help!
Old 20-01-18, 03:13 PM   #6
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

Here is how it works: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/1306802-post2.html

There is no additive level sensor; the level is calculated by the computer. When you refill the additive you must reset the counter.

The purpose of the differential pressure sensor is to detect puncture, not load. The filter load is calculated by the computer; there is no sensor.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-01-18, 03:44 PM   #7

Yeah, I have read that already, but I disagree. Based on the Bosch technical paper both are measured and not calculated.
Regarding the additive level you might be right, because I could not make it work either way, but the paper says it has a sensor, my Pug definitely has the cable connected, and the refill of reservoir option is missing in my pp2000. Somebody already measured the resistance on a 406 HDi, but I never saw a real solution. Later models have the second counter in ECU.
The filter load can be calculated by the computer, but the pressure sensor can also active the regeneration.

"G - PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL
The pressure differential parameter is used to activate regeneration assistance
independently to the distance information"
Old 20-01-18, 03:57 PM   #8

What bosch say and what the manufactures install is two different things.

The Bosch EDC15 ecu did not fully support DPF so an addon ECU was used. The ECU was made by Magneti Marelli to control additive system with just data relayed back to engine ecu on fault conditions etc hence the lack of sensor etc
Old 20-01-18, 04:32 PM   #9

It's getting more exciting! Despite the technical paper mentions the sensor, I see a resistor on wiring diagrams in Autodata and Peugeot Service Box, and I see this four cables running into the reservoir, it doesn't use that? Then, why don't I have the option to reset the 2nd counter in PP2000? (I would gladly upload a video or image to show the menu, but I haven't reached the 20 posts yet.) Might be a broken additive ECU, or diagnostic tool? Nevertheless, the additive quantity jumped up by 1 gr, so additive should be in the tank (again a guessing...). I can only think of a wrong additive fluid.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 20-01-18, 04:51 PM   #10

There is a resistor in the fuel cap sensor circuit which is what it maybe showing. I think dependant on PP version some only give one counter and calculate the second, others have two counters.

I also know of a few cases where ecu would not reset but unplugging and plugging in again fixed and also i had to cheat on my old 807 when it would not clear i used the replacement ecu option and reset counters via that
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in