:( faulty abs :( - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-13, 06:46 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question :( faulty abs :(

Hi all
I had my abs sensor replaced today (rear passenger side) but as I'm starting to find out its never simple to fix the 307
Now I'm getting the fault code (2137.. ABS RETURN PUMP disturbed function)
So now I have to source a abs pump from somewhere and get It fitted
Does anyone on here have/braking any? And is there more than one type/size of a 02 plate 2.0 hdi 90??

Thanks for any info
willhenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-01-13, 04:14 PM   #2

i hope its nothing like my missus ford ka where the abs module has died but getting the correct one is a pure heartache

have you cleared the codes and see if they come back. does the abs work in the snow
monty9120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-01-13, 04:22 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9120 View Post
i hope its nothing like my missus ford ka where the abs module has died but getting the correct one is a pure heartache

have you cleared the codes and see if they come back. does the abs work in the snow
The abs don't work at all and I get the abs fault and braking fault display when I start the car. I had the rear abs sensor fixed but the pump is bugged
The garage reset the code and gave me the fault read out.
if I get a used pump the garage will fit it, so hunting I go

Old 20-01-13, 09:27 AM   #4

thats the same as my missus car. the abs is dead. it runs the speedo too which is alot worse

my abs is playing up (think i have a dodgy sensor) as the abs has been working perfect in this weather
Old 20-01-13, 09:29 PM   #5
Inactive User

Question

Drove down the m1 today and no braking fault! Could this be a dodgy wire? Or does the abs pump do this kind of thing when it's on it's way out?
Old 20-01-13, 09:36 PM   #6
chopper1192

I know it small consolation to you now, but new brake fluid every 2 years is a piece of pith job and eliminates all this tiresome ABS pump failure nonsense.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-13, 07:42 AM   #7

[QUOTE=willhenshaw;138875]Drove down the m1 today and no braking fault! Could this be a dodgy wire? Or does the abs pump do this kind of thing when it's on it's way out? [/QUOTE

no if they fail they fail. the abs light came on my missus car. then the speedo stopped working that evening. since then its dead and if you hit the brakes you just slide

did you diagnose the abs sensor fault or did you just hope for the best
Old 21-01-13, 07:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
I know it small consolation to you now, but new brake fluid every 2 years is a piece of pith job and eliminates all this tiresome ABS pump failure nonsense.

i agree everyone goes on about needing planet to bleed the abs system. i bled my car with a vacuum bleeder and everything works as it should
Old 21-01-13, 10:44 AM   #9
Inactive User

[quote=monty9120;138913]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhenshaw View Post
Drove down the m1 today and no braking fault! Could this be a dodgy wire? Or does the abs pump do this kind of thing when it's on it's way out? [/QUOTE

no if they fail they fail. the abs light came on my missus car. then the speedo stopped working that evening. since then its dead and if you hit the brakes you just slide

did you diagnose the abs sensor fault or did you just hope for the best
It was diagnosed with the abs sensor needing replacing but the pump was on there too, I replaced the sensor and hoped for the best. But the warning still hasn't come on from yesterday but I know it will soon
Old 23-01-13, 12:04 PM   #10
Inactive User

Question

I was driving down the m1 and I heard a sound like a clicking and pinging sound and my abs light went off and still hasn't come back on!
Even in the snow the abs is kicking in and all seems fine now,
So do I get my pump changed or do I just wait an see if the light comes back on again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in