ESP problem in snow - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quietman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-13, 01:42 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default ESP problem in snow

Hi
I know there is a lot of information out there on ESP lights etc and a number of people are having problems in snow but I am hoping somebody can point me in the right direction with this little problem
The car manual states that the ASR and ESP are linked together and I understand reasonably well how they work and the safety aspects of this. Last year I had the “ESP/ASR not operational” message and found that a rear wheel bearing was worn so was triggering the sensors. The wheel bearing and sensors were changed so have had no further problems. In fact as I live in the country and with the recent wet weather the ESP light has flashed on once or twice but the car has performed well until today. The village I live in is on the side of a bank and I need to go up to the crossroads. However, this morning the car quite happily ploughed through about 3 inches of soft snow to allow me to get to the road but when I tried to get up that bank I could not gain any traction. The snow ploughs had cleared the road and I guess it was gritted as other cars managed, slowly as the surface was quite slippery,to get up the bank, As soon as I tried the ESP light kept flashing on and the car lost power. I even tried going down the bank and taking a run at it but with the same problem. I believe that the ASR (traction control) is supposed to allow me to move slowly but positively in situations like this but the ESP has the opposite effect. I cannot switch the ESP off as there is no button to do this
Apart from getting snow chains / socks in this situation is there anything else that might be triggering the ESP to give me this problem?
sattans likes this.
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-13, 04:21 PM   #2

I just serviced a CC and the owner rang the day after `to say the ESP light is stuck on and it was my fault etc etc etc

Ice had accumulated between the sensor and speed ring...........
Old 24-01-13, 08:25 PM   #3
jmkent

No switch to turn it off??

I know the display on my 407 will show the ESP/ASR if it loses traction in things like snow/ice/mud etc, and the design of the system is to prevent the wheels from spinning by applying braking (I believe) and therefore if braking will prevent progress at all. On the 407 you can switch it off, to allow you to have some spin, and it will switch back on once above 15mph. I know the Mondeo works in just the same way, as my colleague had a very similar problem to you, until he turned it off.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in