EGR removal guide for cleaning - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-11, 01:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default EGR removal guide for cleaning

Hi Guys,

Having trouble with the pesky EGR valve on my Pug 307 1.6 hdi 2004, it looks a bitch to get off as it is tucked away under the air filter box does anybody have a removal guide or a descriptive of what the EGR is held on by, any help would be most appreciative .

Thanks
largie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-11, 02:19 PM   #2

According to Haynes isn't it a drop-the-engine job?
Old 06-12-11, 04:08 PM   #3
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
According to Haynes isn't it a drop-the-engine job?
Sounds a bit excessive just to get to a valve
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-11, 09:50 AM   #4

Its easier on the 1.4 - under the air box, but on the 2.0 you need engine hoists.
Old 08-12-11, 04:02 AM   #5

Gibbo, you dont need any thing like that its a pig to get too i will say that but if you remove the wippers and remove the tray that goes along the bottom of the window drop the engine mount pull the engine forward this will give you room to remove the EGR valve clean / or remove it

i done a nice wee mod for the 110 removed the EGR and installed a inlet elbow from a 110 HDi without the FAP as are 110 FAP has like a 2 way elbow that eather comes from the intercooler or strait from the turbo to the inlet this is done with doser valves placed on the front and doser on the rear of the engine, while i was at it i blocked and removed the EGR system and have to say it runs smoother and nice pick up from low down, i did take pictures and was going to do a guide but i was stupid and let the brother use my camera and he wipped the card
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-11, 07:59 AM   #6
Inactive User

I had read the window wiper route somewhere but didn't see anything about dropping the engine mount, had the scanner on it today some interesting codes, any advise in what would be causing them would be appreciated,

P1445 - Purge Flow Sensor High Input, quantity of additive to high
P1461 - A/C pressure sensor circuit voltage low - EGR valve learning
P0238 - Turbo Charger boost sensor A, high input
Old 08-12-11, 08:19 AM   #7

in the 2.0 hdi theres no room to see what your doing without dropping the mount and pulling the engine forward, the 1.6hdi am not sure off

that P0238 is your turbo valve that controls your wastgate could be sticking
am not sure if you could swap this one round with another from your car sometimes you can swap this with your EGR valve but if am right yours being the 1.6 the valve is built into the EGR its self

did you use planet to read the codes?
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-11, 11:45 AM   #8
Inactive User

Cmax,

Didn't use planet, i used one of those code readers they give you the codes but no detail as you would in planet, from all the comments it does point towards the EGR even more so if that is where the turbo wastegate is.

1.6 Hdi the same as 2.0hdi in terms of room, very tight indeed, the air filter box needs to come out before you can even get your beady eyes on the EGR.
Old 08-12-11, 04:27 PM   #9
Inactive User

The EGR system on the 1.6HDI is vastly different to the 2.0HDI.

I've not been under the 307 with a 1.6HDI, but maybe if the induction pipes came off and you removed the Fuel Filter bracket, you MIGHT be able see/get to it.

EGR <- from a 1.6HDI 407, to give you an idea, they're not great, but helpful.

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-11, 03:54 PM   #10
Inactive User

Thanks guys, i managed to get hold of a Haynes and low and behold there is a little engine mounting to get stuck into so it looks like i am going to dedicate the freezing weekend to the EGR.

On the other hand the car is a fecking pain, ECU light went off for a couple of days and the car drove sweet as a nut, as soon as i put my foot down going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd that was it but of a dodgy noise, light back on and but driving ok, car drives lovely down the motorways but short trips a little ragged and last night the fan came on three times which indicates to me the DPF being clogged up, to be honest i don't know what to do for the best!! Apart from burn it !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in