Drivers window stuck open! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-17, 07:00 AM   #1

Default Drivers window stuck open!

HI. 72 year old pensioner just joined with, no doubt, a familiar problem. I have a 307SW diesel estate. And the drivers window is stuck down. The rocker switch has given up. I have already removed the switch assembly from the door and basically just need to know which wires to short out, to get the window temporarily closed, whilst it's sitting out in the street.

The car is going to be 'Retired' in the very near future. So I don't really want to have to pay huge repair bills.
Goldfynche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-17, 08:32 AM   #2

Try opening the switch pack and cleaning it out. This is a common problem and most of the time, blowing out any debris and maybe using a small, soft paint brush to dislodge any stubbrn stuff resolves the issue. I wouldn't want to be shorting any wires as they go back to the BSI as signals that tell the BSI what to do. Not like in the old days when the switch simply switched the power to the motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-17, 08:41 AM   #3
pdg

I can't help with which wires, but...

The switches on the armrest aren't clever, they are just switches - if you can identify the wires then shorting them will appear to the BSI that you've operated the switch.
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-17, 08:57 AM   #4

Many thanks for replies. The drivers window switch is definitely 'bust'! It clicks normally in the 'window down' position. But just 'floats' when you try to switch to close the window. I just wanted to sort out the two wires that did the job, until I can arrange a permanent solution.
Old 12-09-17, 09:21 AM   #5
pdg

Unfortunately (in addition to my previous post) I keep forgetting that I'm a bit stranger than most...

The 'wires' will be the pcb tracks to the switch - it'll entail taking the switch block apart. You can't pick two wires from the door loom because it's multiplexed.
Old 12-09-17, 10:04 AM   #6

This does seem to be be getting unnecessarily complicated. There are six wires coming out of the back of the switch. Red, blue, green, grey, cream and pink. So shorting the correct two must do the job!
I live in the middle of nowhere in Central Scotland! The nearest public library is sixteen miles away, so getting hold a manual is not that simple. And why is this the first car I've ever owned that doesn't have a wiring diagram in the owners handbook?
Old 12-09-17, 10:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfynche View Post
This does seem to be be getting unnecessarily complicated. There are six wires coming out of the back of the switch. Red, blue, green, grey, cream and pink. So shorting the correct two must do the job!
I live in the middle of nowhere in Central Scotland! The nearest public library is sixteen miles away, so getting hold a manual is not that simple. And why is this the first car I've ever owned that doesn't have a wiring diagram in the owners handbook?
Peugeot do not publish any information about wire colours, and they can vary from time to time. They do publish, in a database called the SEDRE, wiring information, but it relates to pin numbers, not colours. The diagram below may or may not relate to your car. If you want to check, post the last eight digits of your VIN, from which I can enter the SEDRE and pull up the diagram specific to your car.

Clearly, it is not a case of just shorting two wires. The window has to move in two directions, so positive and earth both have to be switched as appropriate. The easiest thing would be to connect positive and earth to the motor connections with the motor not connected to the switch. If it doesn't go up, reverse the connections. The diagram shows that, at rest, both motor connections are earthed, so you can't do it with the motor connected to the switch.

This is the simple case. If your windows have "sequential control", the SEDRE does not identify which wires are the motor supply, so it would be more difficult. However, in that case the window switches only use 4 wires, so it probably does not apply to your car

Last edited by IanML; 12-09-17 at 11:31 AM.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-17, 11:21 AM   #8
pdg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfynche View Post
Ok, in my 307sw the window control panel has a total of 9 wires on two plugs (6 on one, 3 on the other).

There are controls for:

FL up
FL auto up
FL down
FL auto down
FR up
FR auto up
FR down
FR auto down
RL up
RL auto up
RL down
RL auto down
RR up
RR auto up
RR down
RR auto down
Disable rear window control
Fold mirrors
L mirror up
"" down
"" left
"" right
R mirror up
"" down
"" left
"" right

Without some sort of manipulation, you can't get that many signals on 9 wires...

Of course, you could always take of the door card, unplug the window motor and stick 12v into it - that might work
Old 12-09-17, 11:39 AM   #9

Well, that's a third case, even more complex, which goes to show why the information is held in a database, rather than a reference book!
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-17, 01:17 PM   #10

OK. Well the last eight digits of my VIN are 83049198.
Also I see that the six wires are for both front window switches, not just the drivers.
Would Peugeot still supply new switches or would it perhaps be a breakers yard job?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in