Doser question and MPG - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-16, 07:45 PM   #1

Default Doser question and MPG

Hello chaps,

Been searching the forum but cannot find any answers to my little ole problem. A mate of mine came around with some trade plates from work so I could test drive my 2002 2.0 110 hdi after a clutch change.

Now, we took it for a run up a empty dual carriageway and just as we tried to open her up and got to 80ish in forth ready to change up to 5th there was a sudden lack of power and acceleration, it took nearly a mile to creep up to 85mph so we gave up with the rest of the drive as the car had lost total boost.

I returned it back home gutted as it was just like a normal diesel without turbo, yesterday, I popped back to it and nipped around the block and it's fully boosting again!

So today I threw planet on it and had a look and it confirmed the low pressure boost but its actually working again fine?

So I decided to investigate the vacuums, all hoses are fine, all valves working ok, so I removed the doser and the pipe off the valve and gave it a suck and the flap wont close very easy. It takes lots of sucking and then it slowly releases itself to the open position, you can here the air being sucked in the side of it and it doesn't hold any vacuum at all after a second or two?

So my question would be is this normal? Its really stiff to close as its spring loaded along with its not holding its position when you apply vac and its opening up under load of the spring. Now I know its different when its connected as there is a constant vac but it would need an electric vac to hold this one open!

I have a hand held brake bleed pump and that would not hold it closed as it just keeps losing its vac.

I'm thinking this is where I might be losing vacuum and just asking here for confirmation

thanks chaps
mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-05-16, 08:06 PM   #2

there is 2 dosers on the 110bhp one in the front and one at the rear both are used when the car is cold and warm and help with a smoother switch off, now the one your talking about is the top one so what you could do its block of the vac pipe with a screw or a golf tee and take it for a drive and see if the car drops boost.
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-16, 08:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
there is 2 dosers on the 110bhp one in the front and one at the rear both are used when the car is cold and warm and help with a smoother switch off, now the one your talking about is the top one so what you could do its block of the vac pipe with a screw or a golf tee and take it for a drive and see if the car drops boost.
Thanks Cmax, I forgot to add to my post if this was ok to blank out of system, you have just confirmed it for me and I shall have to wait until my friend can get around again before I take it for a blast!

Cheers for that!!

Old 24-05-16, 06:53 AM   #4

Did you change the piece of screen wash hose we used to temp fix vac leak to turbo. Heat from turbo may have softened pipe and then vac has collapsed the pipe stopping vac to turbo actuator

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Last edited by windy1603; 24-05-16 at 07:17 AM.
windy1603 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-16, 10:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Did you change the piece of screen wash hose we used to temp fix vac leak to turbo. Heat from turbo may have softened pipe and then vac has collapsed the pipe stopping vac to turbo actuator

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Ah yes, that was changed for a new correct rubber elbow with a good tight fit when I did the clutch. Infact, that was the only thing I had confidence in when I lost pressure! lol

I'm thinking the doser is the problem as you can hear the air when sucking on it leaking back into valve, every other pipe is is all ok.

I forgot to add that its absolutely drinking fuel like its going out of fashion, I have checked all connections on the fuel line and have no leaks so i'm scratching my head with this car at the mo!

Last edited by mooseman; 24-05-16 at 10:09 AM.
Old 24-05-16, 01:52 PM   #6

you may find is drinking more diesel because of the boost issue or could be a leaky injector, on mine 136bhp it was drinking diesel I cleaned the maf sensor and it was running a lot better on diesel, last week I started to have boost issues with the turbo repeat sensor while driving I watched the fuel needle go down bit by bit so am waiting to see if the new one will fix it if it ever comes! was due here yesterday and its not hear today
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-16, 03:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
you may find is drinking more diesel because of the boost issue or could be a leaky injector, on mine 136bhp it was drinking diesel I cleaned the maf sensor and it was running a lot better on diesel, last week I started to have boost issues with the turbo repeat sensor while driving I watched the fuel needle go down bit by bit so am waiting to see if the new one will fix it if it ever comes! was due here yesterday and its not hear today
Blimey CMax, repeat sensor, not a nice job to get at while Turbo on car. what are the symptoms of a faulty sensor as mine kinda hesitates/slows you when I put my foot on the accelerator pedal lightly and then it picks up as I press a little harder and I was wondering if it was that sensor?
Old 24-05-16, 04:40 PM   #8

2 TOTALY different systems here 110 does not have repeat sensor and it does sound like a vac leak any leak in the vac system will affect ALL parts that are vacuum controlled.
Old 24-05-16, 05:04 PM   #9

Try swapping MAF with your 90 when my MAF failed recently i have hesitation and surging. But as reliable says a vac leak could also give same symptoms as could a sticking EGR.

I would as CMAX says try plugging Doser and EGR vac feeds also a quick dose of wd or light oil into the vac pump in case non return valve is sticking as the car has stood awhile
Old 24-05-16, 05:44 PM   #10

what i did with mine is get a proper blank for the egr. not just plugging the hose. then i replaced the turbo hose and brake servo hose.

i ripped the rest out too the doser off and cut the middle out
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in