Diagnostic equipment - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-17, 01:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Diagnostic equipment

Hi guys,

So just a quick bit of advice really. I have a 2007, 307cc. Ive had a roof issue since late last year. Obviously with the recent good weather I have been thinking about putting the roof down but sadly at the minute the roof is non-functional. The problem I have is that with a working roof I have a decent car that runs well and is worth some money. Without a working roof I have a car that is worth nothing and my only option would be to run it into the ground as I cant afford to replace it.

So after weighing up my options, local mechanics don't have the software to diagnose the fault. Peugeot are 95 per hour for a diagnostic which may not even find the fault. So Ive decided to purchase my own equipment and give it a bash myself. I have read in places that (this forum for one) that the software may struggle with some 307's and obviously don't want to waste money. Ive found this on ebay, it sounds like it will do the job. anyone else agree/disagree with this? Oh I'm on windows 10 if that helps.

FULL CHIP-REV. C LEXIA 3 Diagnostic Interface for Citroen Peugeot, DIAGBOX 7.83

Cheers
Carlos_M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-05-17, 04:46 PM   #2

Yes that will work but to be honest the roof system is not that complicated what happens when you try to put the roof down ?
Old 27-05-17, 04:54 PM   #3
Administrator

Got to say 95 per hour is scandalous.

Hope you can sort it yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3008 SUV GT Line 1.2 Auto Nimbus Grey
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-05-17, 04:57 PM   #4

Yea it is especially when they dont have a clue when it comes to CC models !!
Old 28-05-17, 10:28 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Yes that will work but to be honest the roof system is not that complicated what happens when you try to put the roof down ?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing happens apart from I just hear 1 audible beep.

The issue goes back to late last summer. I had been using the roof with no problems. One day I was putting it up when I arrived home and my finger slipped from the button mid cycle. After that it would not move in either direction. I am assuming that one of the micro-switches is stuck in the wrong direction (although that's just a wild guess).

Ive tried the obvious things like checking the fuse etc but don't want to go hunting for switches until I identify the problem. I did notice when manually putting it up that the allen bolt in the roof has been well butchered which makes me think it has had this problem long before I bought the car.
Old 28-05-17, 10:33 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Got to say 95 per hour is scandalous.

Hope you can sort it yourself.
Just a bit yeah! They said its just there standard rate. If I knew they could do it within the hour and identify the fault id probably tell them to crack on. What I don't want to happen though is they spend 3 hours looking at it only to tell me they couldn't find a fault!
Old 28-05-17, 11:32 AM   #7

And that is exactly what would happen

Is the front of the roof fully locked as if its not the roof wont function as it looks for locked position signal before it even opens the bootlid

It takes quite a bit of effort to fully lock it.
Old 28-05-17, 12:01 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
And that is exactly what would happen

Is the front of the roof fully locked as if its not the roof wont function as it looks for locked position signal before it even opens the bootlid

It takes quite a bit of effort to fully lock it.
yeah, I may not be a whizz with a spanner but I know my around the net. Ive read enough on this forum to draw that conclusion

I'm fairly confident that it is fully locked but as I said the nut has been quite butchered in the past so it was difficult to get a decent purchase on it. I will have a look at it again though to make sure. I haven't noticed any issues with leakage over the winter though. If it wasn't fully locked wouldn't water find a way in? (I don't know, just surmising).
Old 28-05-17, 12:20 PM   #9

No it is not to stop leakage it needs to be fully locked to hit the 2 microswitches that tell the ecu it is closed if it does not know its closed it wont start the opening process.

You can pull the headling down to see if they are being operated I have never had any real problems with these roofs my cousin has had 1 for over 10 years and until recently it was up and down like a whores knickers without issue

1 of the release cables snapped in the roof and since we replaced that it occasionally fails to go back up properly but it still works he knows how to get round the issue if it happens so no big deal.
Old 28-05-17, 12:34 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
No it is not to stop leakage it needs to be fully locked to hit the 2 microswitches that tell the ecu it is closed if it does not know its closed it wont start the opening process.

You can pull the headling down to see if they are being operated I have never had any real problems with these roofs my cousin has had 1 for over 10 years and until recently it was up and down like a whores knickers without issue

1 of the release cables snapped in the roof and since we replaced that it occasionally fails to go back up properly but it still works he knows how to get round the issue if it happens so no big deal.
Ok thanks. Looks like I have myself a job for bank holiday Monday then. So take headlining off and try to operate the roof via the switch? Will it be obvious if they aren't locked in place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in