Desperate for advice - Engine shaking like hell on startup, DTC's and measures within - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-12, 07:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Desperate for advice - Engine shaking like hell on startup, DTC's and measures within

Hi people,

2002 2.0 HDI EDC15C2
Recently DPF-offed
Use EGR3 via air duct a few days ago (avoided MAF) car ran fine afterwards.
Added Forte diesel treatment to full tank a few days ago, car fine until now.

When I started car this morning (5am -4 degrees C) the engine was making the whole car shake, same this afternoon but slightly worse, this evening the car feels like it will shake to pieces!!

Even after warming up fully there is significant shake at idle, feels like its about to cut out all the time. 1500rpm upwards it smooths out but still feels like it's 'missing' and has low power. Having to keep revs up at junctions in case it stalls.

Fault codes with descriptions in attached pics, also added some measurements from engine ecu. First three faults were already there, bottom two are new. After clearing faults and starting/revving car (not driving) the faults did not re-appear.

EGR Throttle electrovalve OCR was a constant 95% before, it changes now though (due to EGR3 perhaps?)

Car had a new Original Siemens MAF a week or so ago Car ran fine after installing it, until now of course.

I also noticed 3rd piston deactivation kicks in at about 1200rpm now, before today it only happened at much higher revs.

I am desperate to get this car working asap (at least driveable) so all suggestions as to what I should check first are most welcome. I have PP, tools and a multimeter at least

Thanks!
Steve

EDIT: Forgot to mention, lots of white smoke from exhaust when car was idling, even after ten minutes or so. Never noticed it once driving.

Last edited by dackjaniels; 31-01-12 at 07:50 PM.
dackjaniels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-01-12, 07:29 PM   #2
Inactive User

Old 01-02-12, 12:56 PM   #3
Inactive User

Anyone?

Old 01-02-12, 08:23 PM   #4
Inactive User

Piston Slap possibly

When cold the engine will get progressively worse. As the engine gets hotter say after ideling for about 5 minutes the noise and shaking will be greatly reduced.

If it is piston slap I wouldn't drive the car unless you want to risk scrapping the engine.
Hysteria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-12, 08:28 PM   #5
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
Piston Slap possibly

When cold the engine will get progressively worse. As the engine gets hotter say after ideling for about 5 minutes the noise and shaking will be greatly reduced.

If it is piston slap I wouldn't drive the car unless you want to risk scrapping the engine.
You really have to do some research. How do you reckon its piston slap?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-12, 08:31 PM   #6
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackjaniels View Post
Anyone?
Your turbo actual reading in relation to referance is too low. Give the engine a rev, the two readings should pretty much match each other.
First of all i'd be checking the vacuum circuit. Swop the turbo regulation electro valve with another one ie the egr one (they are interchangeable)
These electro valves give a bit of bother.
I'm ignoring the exhaust temp faults as they don't count as you've removed the particle filter.

I'd be confident enough in saying the turbo solenoid electro valve is the problem as long as wiring and vac piping is ok.
Old 01-02-12, 08:37 PM   #7
Inactive User

Haynes fault list in the Manual.

It's all I could find on the matter.

Thanks for setting me straight.
Hysteria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-12, 08:42 PM   #8
Inactive User

Thank you again David.
Would the turbo solenoid cause these problems when idling? I (probably incorrectly) assumed the faulty valve would only make a difference at higher revs when I usually feel the turbo kick in.

Since changing the glow plugs the idle has been fairly smooth but not perfect.
Yesterday morning was -4 deg C, 3 degrees colder than any other day this year and it was that morning that it first got so bad. You think the cold weather is just a coincidence?

Thanks again, I will swap out the solenoids tomorrow and get a new one if needed.

Steve
Old 01-02-12, 08:45 PM   #9
davidireland

Yes i reckon its a coincidence. Wouldn't be hugely worried about that.
Try valves and go from there.
The turbo elec valve is failry low down on front of engine on your car.
Old 01-02-12, 08:56 PM   #10
Inactive User

Will check tomorrow thanks.

Don't suppose you know which one is the turbo valve?
I have four on the front of engine leaning over front bumper I see two on the right, one beside the other and two on the left lower down, kind of one above the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in