Deadlocking problem after setting up bsi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-16, 11:00 PM   #1
L.J

Default Deadlocking problem after setting up bsi

After setting up my bsi after getting it revirginised i have an issue with my deadlocking. I cant open the doors from inside or out.
I have tried going through the configuration and changing setting but it doesnt seem to make a difference. After i set up the bsi and everything seemed to be working correctly there was a buzzing noise from the passenger door and from then i have been unable to open the doors.
The button on the dash for locking and unlocking is also unresponsive.
L.J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-06-16, 11:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J View Post
After setting up my bsi after getting it revirginised i have an issue with my deadlocking. I cant open the doors from inside or out.
I have tried going through the configuration and changing setting but it doesnt seem to make a difference. After i set up the bsi and everything seemed to be working correctly there was a buzzing noise from the passenger door and from then i have been unable to open the doors.
The button on the dash for locking and unlocking is also unresponsive.
could be that its a simple fuse thats gone,im having trouble with my locks on a 207,i can only lock/unlock manually and if i do it too often it stops working completely,have you tried leaving battery disconnected for a while then going through reset again?
matty879 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-16, 12:12 AM   #3
L.J

I'll have a look at fuses tomorrow but i dont think i'll be that lucky. I've done a few bsi resets so the battery has been disconnected for a few periods of time but i have now left it disconnected overnight and i'll have another look at it tomorrow.

Old 15-06-16, 08:27 AM   #4

If the passenger door lock is putting a short on the unlock line, you could try unplugging the harness for the door.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-16, 08:40 AM   #5

When you say you've gone through the config and settings, was this done on PP? I'm only asking as when I've changed the settings in the BSI config menu on PP, it asked me to turn the ignition on and off many many times, to the point I was getting a bit anxious about corrupting something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-16, 09:24 AM   #6
L.J

Yes this was done with pp. originally under locking type it just said locking, i wonder if this has caused the issue? I have tried changing this option to deadlocking and it has made no difference.
The buzzing noise i heard from the passenger door strangely only stopped when i switched on the sidelights.
Regarding unplugging the door harness im guessing this isnt going to be easy when the doors are locked shut?
storeman likes this.
Old 15-06-16, 09:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J View Post
Yes this was done with pp. originally under locking type it just said locking, i wonder if this has caused the issue? I have tried changing this option to deadlocking and it has made no difference.
When I was playing around, I noticed that pressing "OK" or the return key toggled between the settings, rather than confirming the changes (which is what seems to be the case on most other menus). So, when I was pressing return to accept the changes, I noticed that I was just swapping between fog lights and no fog lights (in my case).

The door ought to be set to locking. Hope you manage to get it sorted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-16, 09:37 AM   #8
L.J

I have also noticed that from pp, i made sure each time i selected the value i wanted and then pressed configuration so i dont think that is the issue.
I'll get another look at it this evening when im home from work and if i cant get it sorted i'll probably take a grinder to the door card at the weekend to get access to the locks. I have a few spare door cards so if needs be it will be no big issue.

Does anyone know how to disengage the deadlocking with a door card off though?
Old 16-06-16, 08:33 PM   #9

If you have set the bsi to the wrong lock setting then you have just killed the door actuators and the only way to sort it is change them and that's not easy when door is locked and won't open it is doable though as I have sorted a 307sw before. I had to smash the actuators off
Old 17-06-16, 09:30 AM   #10
L.J

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
If you have set the bsi to the wrong lock setting then you have just killed the door actuators and the only way to sort it is change them and that's not easy when door is locked and won't open it is doable though as I have sorted a 307sw before. I had to smash the actuators off
So the bsi should have been set to deadlocking then?
By actuators do you mean the actual locking mechanism that attaches to the door with a few screws?
how did u manage to smash it off out of interest? Guessing all 4 will have to be removed front and back?

I have also noticed the central locking button will not unlock or lock the car whereas the key will make lock unlock noises when pressed. The central locking button also flashes when the key is in the ignition but stops flashing when the car has started. the hazard button also does not work, I currently have not fitted a speedo to the car as I am waiting on one arriving, would this affect these buttons?

Last edited by L.J; 17-06-16 at 09:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in