Cup holder menu button for multifunction display, does it exist? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-17, 12:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Cup holder menu button for multifunction display, does it exist?

Hi all,

I'm toying with the idea of fitting an aftermarket stereo to my 307 but don't really fancy loosing the option to change the time and other car settings.

I see in the manual that there is a version of the 307 that has 'Parameter configuration' buttons where the cup holders usually are. I can't seem to find anything about this part, other than in the handbook.

Does it actually exist?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-17, 01:11 PM   #2

That to me reads as if it is only fitted in cars that don't have a factory fitted radio and have that particular type of MFD. I would imagine finding a car that left the factory at that time without a head unit would be harder than finding a hen with teeth. Obviously there must have been some requirement for it or it wouldn't have been in the manual. You might be able to get one from Peugeot but if they could source one I'd expect it to be very expensive, have it's own ECU which would mean it needs configuring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 01:18 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
That to me reads as if it is only fitted in cars that don't have a factory fitted radio and have that particular type of MFD. I would imagine finding a car that left the factory at that time without a head unit would be harder than finding a hen with teeth. Obviously there must have been some requirement for it or it wouldn't have been in the manual. You might be able to get one from Peugeot but if they could source one I'd expect it to be very expensive, have it's own ECU which would mean it needs configuring.
That was along the lines of how I was thinking. As a software developer I suppose my best bet would be to tap into the canbus and monitor the messages sent for each of the buttons I want then program a microcontroller to send the required messages from a button press on a hidden button panel.

Just got to find time now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in