Cooling system - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-11, 05:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question Cooling system

Hello all
I'm new on here, after only having my 2004 petrol 307 1.4 peugeot envy for 3 days, I know its bitter cold out there but after running her for about 10 miles noticed temp gauge only just getting out of the low about 70degrees max also heating not getting very hot, Does anyone out there think i need a new thermastat? in the cooling sytem
Paul
bigskip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-11, 07:47 AM   #2
Inactive User

Your heaters wont be that hot cause the engine is not that warm, the easy to check you thermosthat is start your engine form cold and feel your raditator every minute or so, if its getting warm with the engine then the thermosthat is stuck open as it will be letting the coolant flow round the radator.
The other way is drive at a contant speed, say 15mins at 60mph down the motorway, if the thermisthat is stuck open, you will lose all temperture that the car had as the radaitor will be over cooling the engine.
If I mind right, the thermosthat opens at 86 degrees.
bongosworld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-11, 09:03 AM   #3
Inactive User

Default Cooling system

Thanks for that Bongosworld shall try that today
bigskip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in