Clutch problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-17, 09:46 PM   #1

Default Clutch problem

Hi guys I'm new to this ,I had a problem with clutch earlier on my 2005 1.6 307 sport , I moved the car from one space to another at work , everything fine , I left work tonight and my clutch pedal went fairly stiff , hard to engage gears and a obvious clutch slip , a clutch kit was fitted in 2014 , 54000 miles on the clock I have only done 17000 miles since then , I don't suspect the clutch , I've had a quick look at master and slave cylinders with no obvious leaks , can a seal come lose and lodge in the hydraulic lines , or am I looking at another clutch ???????, any help is appreciated
Bulldog6371 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-07-17, 08:55 AM   #2

Symptoms don't quite add up, you can't have slip and yet the gears are hard to engage. Take it back to the garage that fitted the kit, could be something like the release bearing breaking free of the pressure plate, little alternative but to take it apart to see what the problem is.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-07-17, 09:18 AM   #3

Thank for replying , I didn't own the car when original garage did the job , I got it of a forecourt , they gave me receipts for a clutch change about 4 months before I had the car , 18 months warranty was left on it but now expired , car is in garage now they reckon it's more then likely the pressure plate is knackered, having new clutch fitted today and the garage said it will cure it , they have checked master cylinder and the slave cylinder and there fine , so it's a new clutch kit
Thank you ☺
Bulldog6371 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-17, 01:04 PM   #4

I know it sounds shocking, but some clutch kits are quite sub standard and 17,000 miles is about as much as they can handle.

I'm sure it's been said a million times, but quality parts are worth multiple times more than cheap ones, especially on a labour intensive job, sadly a car sales forecourt will "usually" fit cheap to get it gone and make that money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in