Clutch Advice Please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-11, 01:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Clutch Advice Please

Hi Everyone,

I am after some advice. My 307 2ltr HDI was juddering on reversing onto the drive & wasn't very happy under low speed manovers, so I took it to my local dealer who said the problem was the clutch so fitted a new one.

The problem I have is that a clutch was only fitted 12 months ago & the dual mass fly wheel was got rid of as well. The dealer also said that it is how I have been driving with my foot riding the clutch!!! Now I was taught to drive by my gramp & he never allowed this (one was really given a smack if I did it)
so it is something I have never done.

Is anyone else had a clutch go so quick & what is the cause I can't replace the clutch every 12 months!!

Thanks
pagey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-11, 01:43 PM   #2
jmkent

Either a dodgey part in the first place, or perhaps the clutch isn't fully disengaging when you release the pedal, and thus making it look like you are riding the clutch.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-11, 01:56 PM   #3
Inactive User

could also be cheap parts...you get what you pay for.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-11, 08:02 PM   #4
Inactive User

Could be the crank oil seal leaking a little oil which is finding its way on to the clutch.

If the clutch grips well when you lift your foot sharply but the car judders when you creep forward or backwoods slipping the clutch to go slower I would suspect oil on the clutch.
Dwarfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-11, 11:29 PM   #5
Inactive User

Check your oil level, sometimes the engine judders if you aint got enough or half of it is missing. It happened to me I thought the clutch needs to be changing, but then mechanic says clutch is ok, it's just not enough oil on the engine.
Torero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-11, 09:53 PM   #6
JazzJPH

Isn't the guarantee on a DMF & clutch kit very short? like, as in 6k miles?

Should've gone solid mate.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-10-11, 11:31 AM   #7
Inactive User

I am not sure of the milage on the clutch & DMF but I was told it had a 12 warrenty on it anyway. The DMF was replaced first time around for a solid kit so can't be that causing my problem.

If there was an oil leaking onto the clutch would there be any external sign of this? Also I remember now when it was sat out of gear running with foot off the clutch there was a little squeak, sounded a bit like a cricket. But if you just put your foot on the clutch pedal only slightly that would stop.

Could this be a sign of the oil leak?

Mike
pagey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-10-11, 01:04 PM   #8
Inactive User

I am not sure if there would be any evidence, if there is a drain hole at the bottom of the bell housing any oil leaking might show there.
Dwarfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in